Advertisement Create a free account

Pathfinder by Roll20 v.1.3 (Q2Y2019)

Edited 1557950958
Cassie
Roll20 Team
Pathfinder by Roll20 Greetings, Pathfinder players! This is the new bug thread for the Pathfinder by Roll20 sheet. Report Issue Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Description of issue :  Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Mancer Issues Template Class(es) : Subclass :  Race : Level(s) : Description of issue :  Documenting the exact steps you've taken & choices you've made will let us follow your path in our quest of troubleshooting. Screenshots are always welcome. Change Log Version 1.3 Check the post here . New Feature: Spell Resistance New Feature: New fields in Weapons/Attacks section New Feature: New settings for Attacks in confiruation
Change log?
Cassie
Roll20 Team
Change log added. :)
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder by Roll20 v1.30 PC sheet: New feature: Spell Resistance (SR) can now receive a temporary bonus (new "Temp" field in the configuration subsection). The base value has been moved to the configuration subsection (click on the cog wheel to show or hide the configuration). Spell Resistance can now be buffed, using the following aliases in the buff mod(s): sr_bonus (sr, spell resistance, spell_resistance). PC sheet: New feature: New fields in the Weapons/Attacks section, to handle temporary specific Damage bonus to Melee attacks or Ranged attacks.   These will affect Weapons/Attacks only (not Spells), and stack on top of the previously existing Global Damage Temporary Bonus (DMG). Temporary Ranged Damage bonus will affect any attack with a "Ranged" type and/or with a Range indicated. The Melee Damage bonus will affect any other attack. These Temporary bonuses can be buffed, using the following aliases in the buff mod(s): melee_damage_bonus (melee damage), ranged_damage_bonus (ranged damage). PC sheet: New feature: New setting in the Configuration tab, "Attacks" subsection, to set a permanent bonus to the Critical Confirmation rolls (either for Spells or Weapons attack rolls).
Is there a way to buff Caster Level with the Buffs section?
Bug report for NPC sheet using compendium creatures: Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Troll NPC template created with by dragging compendium entry onto new NCP template. Description of issue : Templates cannot be applied to the Character sheet. Changing the values in the template do not affect the actual rolls made when clicking on the entry. Ex: Setting initiative to 20 (as a test) still results in an initiative roll of 2. Have tried changing the values in the attributes section (initiative, initiative_modifier, dexterity_modifier), but does not change from the compendium default. This affects initiative, saving throws (will, reflex, fortitude), and skill checks. I tried to apply the advanced monster template to this monster (the only one I created by dragging the compendium entry onto a blank NPC sheet), but none of the changes work when I try to roll the changed values. For example, changed the will save from 3 to 5 on the character sheet, but when I click the new (5) will save, it still rolls the original value (2). I'm thinking because it was a drag and drop from compendium, everything is somehow locked to the underlying coding on the compendium entry, regardless of any changes made in the character sheet. Just my guess. Hopefully I put this in the correct place, as it is the pathfinder character sheet I am using and this is the first bug report I have made. Other NPC sheets that I have created without using the compendium drag-and-drop method all work properly when I change the value on the character sheet.  Screenshots: Showing the changed initiative value (20) on character sheet, but mousing over the actual roll shows that the unmodified initiative (2) was applied to the actual roll. Several attempts were made using other values, and changing the values in the attributes section are above, but all had the same (2) modifier applied.  

Edited 1558253926
Seph
Pro
I'm excited to see the Crit Confirmation bonus! That's handy for anyone who takes the Critical Focus feat. Are there any plans to add a Notes section for caster level checks? Would be useful to have that, especially for elf characters who gain a conditional bonus on caster level checks for overcoming spell resistance.

Edited 1558268490
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MarkOfTheDragon said: Is there a way to buff Caster Level with the Buffs section? Hi MarkOfTheDragon. There is no buffable stat relative to caster level (nor class level). Out of curiosity, in what case would a character need a temporary boost to caster level?
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seph said: I'm excited to see the Crit Confirmation bonus! That's handy for anyone who takes the Critical Focus feat. Are there any plans to add a Notes section for caster level checks? Would be useful to have that, especially for elf characters who gain a conditional bonus on caster level checks for overcoming spell resistance. Hi Seph. Thanks for your feedback on the Cirt confirmation bonus :) As for Notes for Caster Level Checks, there is no plan to add them right now. As you may have guessed from this official post , adding new features to the Pathfinder 1E sheet will be limited for now, and the focus is on bug fixes, if any. But, if you need to note information regarding Caster Level check, you could use another unused text field on the sheet, or character bio & info, or a manually added attribute. If you want these notes to be shown in the rolltemplate, you could use a custom macro like this one: @{Ezren (Wizard)|whispertype} &{template:pc} {{name=^{caster-level-check}}} {{type=save}} {{showchar=@{Ezren (Wizard)|rollshowchar}}} {{charname=@{Ezren (Wizard)|character_name}}} {{casterclass=@{Ezren (Wizard)|caster1_class}}} {{level=@{Ezren (Wizard)|caster1_level}}} {{roll=[[1d20+@{Ezren (Wizard)|caster1_level}[MOD]+@{Ezren (Wizard)|rollmod_save}[QUERY]]]}} {{shownotes=[[1]]}} {{notes=My notes for Caster Level Check}}     If the notes are in a manually dedicated attribute, you can use it in the macro: @{Ezren (Wizard)|whispertype} &{template:pc} {{name=^{caster-level-check}}} {{type=save}} {{showchar=@{Ezren (Wizard)|rollshowchar}}} {{charname=@{Ezren (Wizard)|character_name}}} {{casterclass=@{Ezren (Wizard)|caster1_class}}} {{level=@{Ezren (Wizard)|caster1_level}}} {{roll=[[1d20+@{Ezren (Wizard)|caster1_level}[MOD]+@{Ezren (Wizard)|rollmod_save}[QUERY]]]}} {{shownotes=[[1]]}} {{notes=@{Ezren (Wizard)|casterlvlchecknotes}}}

Edited 1558271441
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James S. said: Bug report for NPC sheet using compendium creatures: Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Troll NPC template created with by dragging compendium entry onto new NCP template. Description of issue : Templates cannot be applied to the Character sheet. Changing the values in the template do not affect the actual rolls made when clicking on the entry. Ex: Setting initiative to 20 (as a test) still results in an initiative roll of 2. Have tried changing the values in the attributes section (initiative, initiative_modifier, dexterity_modifier), but does not change from the compendium default. This affects initiative, saving throws (will, reflex, fortitude), and skill checks. I tried to apply the advanced monster template to this monster (the only one I created by dragging the compendium entry onto a blank NPC sheet), but none of the changes work when I try to roll the changed values. For example, changed the will save from 3 to 5 on the character sheet, but when I click the new (5) will save, it still rolls the original value (2). I'm thinking because it was a drag and drop from compendium, everything is somehow locked to the underlying coding on the compendium entry, regardless of any changes made in the character sheet. Just my guess. Hopefully I put this in the correct place, as it is the pathfinder character sheet I am using and this is the first bug report I have made. Other NPC sheets that I have created without using the compendium drag-and-drop method all work properly when I change the value on the character sheet.  Hi James S and thanks for your feedback. Sorry bu I'm unable to replicate the problem. I dropped a Troll from the Bestiary onto the VTT, for the character to be created, and then changed the Will and Initivative value and rolled: the modified values were taken in account. So, the cause might be something going wrong in the sheet workers, on your setup, while building the NPC from the Compendium. Could you try two things, please: 1) Delete the Troll NPC from your journal, reload the game, re-drop the Troll from Compendium, and then provide a console log . 2) Reload the game again, and try modifying the NPC, and roll, to check if updates are taken in account in rolls, after reload.
MarkOfTheDragon said: Is there a way to buff Caster Level with the Buffs section? Hi MarkOfTheDragon. There is no buffable stat relative to caster level (nor class level). Out of curiosity, in what case would a character need a temporary boost to caster level? PF has tons of abilities that temporarily increase caster level, but aren't always on. Arcanist Resevoir,  Potent Magic Death Knell spell The Mumia drug Moon Circlet item etc.
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MarkOfTheDragon said: PF has tons of abilities that temporarily increase caster level, but aren't always on. Arcanist Resevoir,  Potent Magic Death Knell spell The Mumia drug Moon Circlet item etc. Thanks again for the feedback Mark. AFAIK (and correct me if I'm wrong), these are out of the scope of the sheet, which is focused on the CRB.
Seph
Pro
Natha said: But, if you need to note information regarding Caster Level check, you could use another unused text field on the sheet, or character bio & info, or a manually added attribute. Thanks for the response! I hadn't thought of adding it as a new attribute, that'll make it easy for me make a macro that can be used as a universal token action :)
This worked. Thanks! Not sure why I didn't try that before. Ah well, live and learn. Natha said: 1) Delete the Troll NPC from your journal, reload the game, re-drop the Troll from Compendium, and then provide a console log .
Adam
Pro
Natha said: MarkOfTheDragon said: PF has tons of abilities that temporarily increase caster level, but aren't always on. Arcanist Resevoir,&nbsp; Potent Magic Death Knell spell The Mumia drug Moon Circlet item etc. Thanks again for the feedback Mark. AFAIK (and correct me if I'm wrong), these are out of the scope of the sheet, which is focused on the CRB. <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Death%20Knell#h-Death%20Knell" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Death%20Knell#h-Death%20Knell</a> Death Knell is a CRB spell.
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adam said: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Death%20Knell#h-Death%20Knell" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/pathfinder/Death%20Knell#h-Death%20Knell</a> Death Knell is a CRB spell. Missed that one, thanks Adam.