Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Colorblind Mode

Score + 57
I'd like to suggest color names on mouse-over on the color picker.  
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This was requested recently but failed to get the required votes to keep it open... here's hoping this one makes the cut! From the original suggestion by  Jonathan P. : Currently when you pick a color in roll20, when you hover over them it gives you the HEX value down below. That is all nice and good, but not everyone in the world sees colors the same. I am colorblind, so I always have a hard time knowing what color I have selected for certain ones. The for my players when I GM is, "So the color that is either blue or purple........" etc. It would be nice if when you hovered over there was a pop-up window that said the name of the color (at least for the default color options that Roll20 provides). This way people who are color seeing deficient would have some idea about the color and could at least let people know the color they selected that way. Currently: Suggested (minus the ?, just no idea what that color is at the bottom left point of the box):
I'm not colorblind myself but I'll back any suggestion that aims for greater accessibility.
+1 for basic accessibility.
+1. Common Sense option.
aisforanagrams said: I'm not colorblind myself but I'll back any suggestion that aims for greater accessibility. Evan said: +1 for basic accessibility. Still another vote for any improvement to the accessibility of any web applications! I'm friends with gamers who have mobility and visual impairments and they use Roll20. Roll20 is actually pretty good with keyboard access but any other improvement for other disabilities is always appreciated.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I have a color vision impairment (limited color vision) and this would help me. I created a community in roll20 for those that have physical or psychological issues that keep them from playing in voice based games so I agree with Farlops about any improvement for accessibility.

Edited 1558852560
I am green/purple colorblind.  +1 for any colors help.  In fact, I just can't even use Roll20 without black backgrounds aka "darkmode" on everything.

Edited 1558931832
+1 from me, as I have a friend I regularly play with that is colorblind. :3
As someone who has a mild color deficiency, I always love to see color-impairment options in stuff like this. +1 for sure.
I would also include a way to change the crit/fumble colors.  The red/green nature of the text makes it difficult for me (red-green colorblind) to notice the failures.  
I am colorblind. This would be nice. Currently I just stick to the very bold primary colors, but sometimes nuance is nice AND easier on the eyes.

Edited 1560524950
+1 After having pink rivers on a map I just started looking up html color codes and pasting them into the drop-down text area
+1 I've a color blind player; a color blind mode would be nice.  It's not an easy thing to do; there are different types and degrees of color blindness.
Sounds useful, but someone's going to have to come up with names for those colors.  Doing that ahead of time for the standard swatches may encourage Roll20 to undertake it more readily.  There are 16.7m possible hex code colors.  Most aren't named and the ones that are named aren't standardized.  
<a href="https://www.color-blindness.com/color-name-hue/" rel="nofollow">https://www.color-blindness.com/color-name-hue/</a>
I am colorblind (Strong Protan) and am always happy when apps and games I use at least provide pop ups when hovering over a color picker if not a full blown color blind mode.
Andrew said: +1. Common Sense option. Ditto.

Edited 1641694966
IMHO regardless of votes, this should be at the very least on the roadmap. Even just for token indicators and other things that have more limited color options, patterns would be a welcome addition.
+1 And, know what makes me still sad and frustrated?&nbsp; It seems&nbsp; that accessability options, are faaaar away on the roadmap, just by looking at the priorities of the latest releases of the changelog.