Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to make an image box in your character sheet?

Aetis
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm currently working on a new character sheet. I know players can add their own images and display them in the "Bio & Info" section, but I want the players to be able to add images and display them in the actual "character sheet" section. Is this doable?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately, this is not possible; or at least I've never found a way to do so. You can display images on the sheet, but there is no way to dynamically set the source of the image, so everything has to be hardcoded in. This works great for fancy button backgrounds and logos, but doesn't work for character portraits in the sheet itself.
Aetis
Pro
Sheet Author
NOOOOOOOOoooooooo
Aetis
Pro
Sheet Author
Would this feature be difficult to implement from roll20?

Edited 1559621886
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aetis said: Would this feature be difficult to implement from roll20? Difficult to say... There's already an avatar/portrait section provided on the bio & info tab of the character journal, so you would need to make a case for adding/moving the same feature within the character tab.  ( I'm not being snarky.  I tried to figure out a way to add character portraits as well ;-) )
Aetis
Pro
Sheet Author
I admit it might be nitpicky and redundant, but there is something that appeals to a sheetmaker's mind about having a fully formatted character sheet, with pictures and all, all on a single page.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aetis said: I admit it might be nitpicky and redundant, but there is something that appeals to a sheetmaker's mind about having a fully formatted character sheet, with pictures and all, all on a single page. I agree.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Aetis said: I admit it might be nitpicky and redundant, but there is something that appeals to a sheetmaker's mind about having a fully formatted character sheet, with pictures and all, all on a single page. I agree. See, and I'm glad I don't have to worry about it...there's already so much that has to be on a sheet and trying to get a picture on there...? I'm glad it's on the bio tab.  What I do wish was that we could have access to the bio & info field (where you type the info), like attr_character_name; it would be so much easier to add that information on the character sheet, where you don't have click edit and then save just to get it to save.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just being able to drag and drop a pic to the bio tab without having to open the edit dialog first would be great.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Also, for those interested, there IS a suggestion to allow an image on the character sheet:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1448895/grant-character-sheets-access-to-character-avatar" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1448895/grant-character-sheets-access-to-character-avatar</a>
Aetis
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you. I need this in my life.