Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Community] Elven Accuracy Macro

I'm trying to create an attack macro that takes into account the Elven Accuracy feat. I tried searching for information and macros already made by other people, but I couldn't find much pertaining to the 5e Community sheet specifically. I also tried reverse engineering the weapon attack roll, but I had no success with that either. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
So I continued tinkering with it and came to a fairly complete solution: &{template:5eDefault} {{title=@{Dusk|meleeweaponname1}}} {{subheader=@{Dusk|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Melee attack}} {{outputall=1}} {{weapon=1}} {{Attack= [[1d20cs>@{Dusk|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Dusk|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Dusk|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]] | [[1d20cs>@{Dusk|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Dusk|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Dusk|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]] | [[1d20cs>@{Dusk|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Dusk|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Dusk|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]] }} {{Damage= [[@{Dusk|meleedmg1} + [[@{Dusk|meleedmgbonus1}]] + [[(@{Dusk|global_melee_damage_bonus})]] ]] @{Dusk|meleedmgtype1} | [[@{Dusk|meleecritdmg1}]] on crit}} {{Sneak Attack = [[1d6]] | [[1d6]] on crit}} Obviously change @{Dusk to your character's name. I'm still able to edit most parameters (such as proficiency bonus and DEX bonus) outside of the macro itself. I couldn't set up Sneak Attack to call on a Class Action without it outputting a lot of mess. This is due to the {{outputall=1}} as far as I can tell, which I needed in order for it to even print out rolls. There is very likely a more elegant coding to accomplish what I need, but for now this works. Still taking input and insight if anybody feels so kind. Also, as for why I decided to print out 3 attack rolls instead of just using 3d20kh1: I wanted a roll I could use on every attack even if I did or did not have advantage or disadvantage.
What I do for my Elf is, in the on the Attributes and Ablities tab, there is an attribute field call rtype.  it's RollType and it asks you for each thing you click, if it's Normal, Advantage, Elven Accuracy or Disadvantage.  so just use EA for attacks, regular Advantage for checks etc.  That way all your attacks stay normal, but it just adds a new option on the rolls.  So replace the default rtype with:  {{query=1}} ?{Advantage?|Normal Roll,&#123&#123normal=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[0d20|Advantage,&#123&#123advantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[1d20|Elven Accuracy,&#123&#123advantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[2d20k1|Disadvantage,&#123&#123disadvantage=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123r2=[[1d20}
@Mohkan , that's a great idea!  I couldn't get it to work, though when I just tested it out (admittedly as a player).  I replaced the default rtype in the Attributes & Abilities tab and it didn't seem to make a difference:  there was no new option in the Advantage query, etc.  What have I been missing?  I'm pretty good with macros, but I don't mess with the character sheets themselves all that often.   Thanks!