Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG Pokemon Tabletop United or Adventure Need GM Sundays Voice Game

Edited 1559840662
I would really like to try out Pokemon Tabletop on roll20. It's not super popular, but just about everything up right now is either text, not a timeslot I can play, or not looking for new players. I'd like to gauge interest in a game, especially a GM. 1. Discord is good for voice. 2. No murderhobos or minmaxers. No jerks. No bullies. Looking for an RP oriented group. 3. GM's rules and rulings are final. If you can't handle that, you don't belong in this group. If you're that much of a rules lawyer just be the GM. 4. Be nice and have fun. No one needs to feel bad over a Pokemon game. I'll hold off on making a game for now because I don't know what kind of interest there is. I think the GM can start the game themselves if we snag one. I'd be in favor of a Session 0 over Discord to just talk about what we're looking for. Players can post what they'd like to play in terms of starter, class, background. GMs can post info about the world. I'm not picky about setting. If you want to do medieval or feudal Japan Pokemon or something, I'm up for it. I'd like Zorua as a starter, and would probably pursue Champion or Ace Trainer as far as class.
I'm interested in either DMing or playing. My problem is I'm in california so my time zone tends to be way later than a lot of people's. So no promises, but I'm interested.
Maybe we could do a Sunday game that's not crazy late for anyone during the day.
Hmm... I hate to say it, but my boss just shifted me to night shift on the weekends. It's kind of a kick in the pants but we had half of our employees quite last month. Unprecedented, but summer came and a ton of the highschoolers yeeted out of there. I wouldn't mind keeping in touch though. My current interests for running a campaign are either a historic campaign that starts in prehistoric times and goes through the eras (like Live A Live), or running something in the Babel region (sample setting in the Porygon sci-fi splat book).
I've played a dozen or so PTU sessions in a friend's homebrew campaign setting some months ago. If a (semi-)experienced DM presents itself, I'd very much enjoy the opportunity to sit at his/her digital table and see if we're a good fit to increase that number of sessions. Ever since almost completing the Pokedex on the original gameboy (Pokemon Blue -- only had Electabuzz left to go when my baby brother overwrote the save file =/ ) I've had a strong preference for certain pokemon. I simply love Dragon types, I enjoy hunting rare catches, and I have fond memories my #1 powerhouse -- an Alakazam that could solo the entire Elite 4, Gary included, blasting his way through any type (dis)advantages without touching a single potion or PP restore. I very much enjoy creative problem solving, and tend towards character builds that enable versatility. Combined with a penchant for tactical games and tabletop RPGs (I've played every DnD edition since 3rd, and dabbled in several lesser known systems), I'd really like to have another go at PTU or a similar Pokemon-themed ruleset. I work full-time, so my availability is mostly limited to weekends and/or evenings (EU time -- UTC+2). Would prefer weekly, or otherwise biweekly sessions over voice -- once a month is too infrequent for my tastes, and text just doesn't cut it for me. Hit me up if there's more interest!
Will do! I'm thinking Sunday for a game session would be nice. Voice, and weekly.

Edited 1560409426
Damn,would love to do this campaign. Though sadly ive gotta work on sundays... Would love to join if it be possibly on a friday or early saturday. Ive done PTU though with a pokemon mystery dungeon style of campaign

Edited 1560431370
I don't think Saturday is entirely out of the question. Maybe once we get more people we can get a consensus. Fridays for me would have to be later and I know a lot of folks can't stay up super late.
I'll try to keep this short:I would love to be part of a group playing Pokémon Tabletop United. I love Pokémon and Tabletop, already played some sessions of PTU with a few friends and I have to say: It has become one of my favourite ways to experience Pokémon. That being said: I come from Germany and despite being well versed in the english language, I still have a noticeable accent. So if that would bother someone I would not the right pick. On top of that I don't know the names of all Pokémon in english, yet. Though this does present the opportunity (depending on the setting) that my character came from a region far away. My schedule on the other hand is very flexible, so most times and days should fit well. If this (as it hopefuly will) lasts that long, there may be some changes in my schedule from October onwards, so the times I can play at may change then. My character would be a coordinator (even if there are no contests), but I would propably take a second class, depending on setting. It's hard for me to create a background without knowing, sorry. As a starter I would love to have a Mareep. If there are any more questions or you would like me to be part of the group, hit me up! Otherwise: No hard feelings.
The more the merrier! Your accent isn't an issue; I'd worry more about your time zone.
The time zone will most definetly not be an issue. At least until October I have time pretty much around the clock, as long as I know the time of the session in advance.
Are spots still open? If so, I would be interested. But I will have to say outright that I am still trying to figure out the PTU and PTA systems. So I may require some hand holding until I get a grasp as to how to play. 
Of course! I don't know anything about the systems yet, either. I'm just gauging interest. I look like we have maybe 4 people interested so far, and one or two interested in being DMs. Should I make a game?
If there are still spots open, I'd love to join as a player! I already have some experience with PTU, cause I GMed a one-shot for a couple of my friends. I also already have two characters ready to play (a musician/fashionista and a medic/researcher) and could possibly help the other players with building their characters, if needed! Sundays are a bit difficult for me, considering I'm joining a DnD 5e game on sunday in a few weeks, but otherwise friday and saturday are free game!
If you're still looking to for people, I'm interested.
No one seems to want to post a game. I don't know the rules so I can't host, and no one can agree on a time. If that changes, let me know.