Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animated Token has no chat avatar?

Edited 1559801657
So, I've been experimenting with using an animation for my character's token in DnD 5e. It works great as far as the board is concerned, but there is a small problem. When talking as the character in the chat, their avatar is missing, appearing as the placeholder "image failed to load" picture. This happens whether the token is a gif, mp4, or webm. Obviously I don't expect the avatar in the chat to be animated, but I'd expect it to just appear as the first frame of the animation (as it does in the character sheet list). Is there anything I can do about this?
Not sure if bumps are allowed, but I still have this problem.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is not listed as an issue in the official feedback thread , but it should be. That thread is the best place to report it, since it is dev-curated.