Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

how to roll initiative for all tokens at once.

ok so i completely forgot how to do it. i remember that you select all the tokens you want on the initiative then there is a key command you can use to roll all their initiative. for those who dont know what i mean by key command. example. ctr+w closes the tab. ctr+c copies selected text.  anyway. if anyone remembers what the key command is for this. please tell me.

Edited 1559919725
It is ctrl + u, when you open up the Turn order window it tells you.  ^.^  (In case you forget!)

Edited 1559923154
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That adds a turn on the tracker, but doesn't roll initiative. To roll initiative for multiple tokens requires an API script like Group-init. For individual tokens you can use a macro like: /roll 1d20 + @{selected|initiative_bonus} &{tracker} ...if you are using the OGL sheet by Roll20. Other sheets will use different mods. Here is a built-in macro that rolls for NPCs, using the regular roll template: %{selected|npc_init} for PCs, use this: @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{selected|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{selected|initiative_style}+@{selected|initiative_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}[INIT] &{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{selected|charname_output} The NPC one seems to work for PCs, but I wouldn't trust it not to miss anything (such as a global init bonus).
Thank you for clarifying that, I've been trying to figure out what "I" broke.  *face palm*
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've used Group Init for so long, I wasn't even aware there was an "add turn" shortcut. That could be useful in some circumstances.
Steven R. said: It is ctrl + u, when you open up the Turn order window it tells you.  ^.^  (In case you forget!) thank you so much. it was immensely bothering me when i was hosting a encounter and couldn't figure it out cus i forgot. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Amazing how much I would consider myself a power user and yet never used/known about this! API makes us complacent! Repent, repent... On the other hand, this will come in VERY handy in my IRL game, thanks :) Steven R. said: It is ctrl + u, when you open up the Turn order window it tells you.  ^.^  (In case you forget!)