Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Corrupted Character sheet

I am using the 5E OGL sheet. This shows up in both Firefox and Chrome, but I do most work in Chrome. I am attempting to add a query to weapon Damage2 for conditional damage and it is causing the referenced Attribute (and associated calculations) to become corrupted, going from 16 to numbers like 357.  The query I am using is ?{GFB?|Yes,1d8+@{charisma_mod}|No,1d0)}.  Is the character sheet recoverable? What am I doing wrong?

Edited 1559930191
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
well, something I notice is that your query has an extraneous parentheses in it after the 1d0, which might cause a problem. As for the attribute change, I'm not sure I'm understanding which place is being corrupted, perhaps a screenshot would help?

Edited 1559937849
Shoot, I didn't even notice the erroneous parentheses. Here is the screen shot (please note the Charisma): Is there a way to recover the character? I just created a new sheet (partially), and used this script and the same thing happened: ?{GFB?|Yes,1d8+@{charisma_mod}|No,0}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you just tried typing a new charisma score in the box? The one where its listed as 682. Macros cant actually change anything on the character sheet, they can only read values from it, not write to it. Something else must have happened to cause that issue. Also in your macro, you dont need to use 1d0 there, you can just enter a 0.

Edited 1559938279
I did try typing a new Charisma and it doesn't stick. I tried deleting the Charisma Attribute and then creating a new one, but the behavior returns.  I just created a new sheet (partially), and used this script and the same thing happened: ?{GFB?|Yes,1d8+@{charisma_mod}|No,0} Oh, and it is setting the charisma_flag Attribute to 1.  I can't even figure out what that flag does.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Where are you typing that, by the way? I assumed you were writing it in chat, but it just occurs to me you might be adding it to the character sheet somewhere. I still don't understand how it could change the charisma attribute (it shouldnt be possible) but there might be something going on with the sheet code.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
So, that blue, is caused by equipment mods, I would check your equipment section to make sure you don't have something weird in your equipment. The charisma_flag is (i believe) the flag that tells it to style the score showing that it has been buffed. This has nothing to do with what you've entered in your attacks; there's literally no code connecting those two in that direction.
I have been putting it in the Damage2 field under the weapon attack.  It occurred to me to enclose the script in double square brackets: [[?{GFB?|Yes,1d8+@{charisma_mod}|No,0}]] seems to not be causing the issue, but I must do some more testing.  I will reply back when I am confident that this is the solution.
It looks like that fixed it, but I am not sure why the issue came up in the first place.