Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tome of Beasts - Lich Hound Token Not Working

Hi, I just bought the Tome of Beasts compendium and noticed that I cannot use the Lich Hound token. It just adds the default "no token" token on the map. If this could be corrected, that'd be great!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My suggestion would be to delete your local copy of the Lich Hound and drag one in fresh. If somehow the token image has been deleted, no amount of dragging in a new one will fix the issue. Roll20 looks and says, "Ah, you already have a lich hound in your game. I don't want to overwrite any changes you might have made, so instead of dragging from the Compendium, I will drag in a fresh copy of you local instance." Of course, if you do this and there is still a problem, there might be a larger issue.
That didn't seem to fix the problem.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Things to try: Clearing the cache. If it works after that, then the browser didn't "know" to other had been deleted. (This is unlikely, but worth trying) Can you drag a working copy into a test game? If so, then at least the issue is narrowed down to something in that particular game.
I actually did the follow up on a different computer, so a cache issue isn't the problem. I can try in a new test game and will report back.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keep in mind that I am just a concerned bystander. I don't represent Roll20, and you should have the expectation of official help if the steps I am suggesting don't pan out. FWIW, I don't think the issue is with the Compendium in itself, since I can pull a lich hound into my game without incident. It likely involves something in the particular game instance you are experiencing the issue in, or a conflict with something else--browser, extension, script, something.
Well, I do appreciate your effort and am glad it's working for you, which means it's an issue with just my version. I'm past the lich hounds now, so honestly it's not much of an issue for me anymore.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's tough to let go of something you get your teeth into, but as long as you're OK with it. :)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Moot point now, but could there have been an archived version of the Lich Hound that needed deleting? Those pesky archived sheet trip me up ALL the time :/

Edited 1561319117
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good thought! I rarely archive anything beyond the occasional handout, so hadn't thought of that.