Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cannot send roll template to chat window.

Edited 1560327293
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nine months ago I submitted the following bug to the Text editor bug thread. I would bump that thread, but it has been locked because of thread age. I don't know if this was possible previously, but I am trying to get a roll template working from a handout using the new backtick option. Unfortunately, the editor is turning `&amp;{template:default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{damage=[[2d6]]}} into `&amp;{template&amp;#58;default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{damage=[[2d6]]}} which stops the template from being activated, and the output looks like this: {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack= <span class="userscript-userscript-userscript-userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d20 = ( 11 )" style="background-color: rgb( 254 , 246 , 142 ) ; border: 2px solid rgb( 254 , 246 , 142 ) ; padding: 0px 3px ; font-weight: bold ; cursor: help ; font-size: 1.1em ; color: rgb( 64 , 64 , 64 ) ; font-family: &quot;helvetica neue&quot; , &quot;helvetica&quot; , &quot;arial&quot; , sans-serif">11 }} {{damage= 8 }} I would still like to be able to format text going to the chat window in the various products I put on the marketplace. Attack rolls from traps, save or take damage effects, and general descriptions would look a lot better following the same formatting as rolls from the character sheet rather than the bare text which is the only option at the moment.
Hello Brian C., I have pinged the devs on this issue. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know. Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not a solution to the bug, but a workaround would be to put the macro that you want to send to chat on a macro mule character (or a global macro might work in this case as well) and then call the character ability in the journal command button. The journal command button would be: `%{Macro Mule|test}
Hi Brian,&nbsp; Seems like this functionality was documented in our wiki &nbsp;by a Forum Champion thanks to a conversation had previously &nbsp;:)&nbsp; I have submitted a ticket to the devs to repair this behavior!
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Cheers!