We use Cookies to help personalize and improve Roll20. For more information on our use of non-essential Cookies, visit our Privacy Policy here.
Accept
Advertisement Create a free account

Cannot send roll template to chat window.

Edited 1560327293
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nine months ago I submitted the following bug to the Text editor bug thread. I would bump that thread, but it has been locked because of thread age. I don't know if this was possible previously, but I am trying to get a roll template working from a handout using the new backtick option. Unfortunately, the editor is turning `&amp;{template:default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{damage=[[2d6]]}} into `&amp;{template&amp;#58;default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{damage=[[2d6]]}} which stops the template from being activated, and the output looks like this: {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack= <span class="userscript-userscript-userscript-userscript-inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d20 = ( 11 )" style="background-color: rgb( 254 , 246 , 142 ) ; border: 2px solid rgb( 254 , 246 , 142 ) ; padding: 0px 3px ; font-weight: bold ; cursor: help ; font-size: 1.1em ; color: rgb( 64 , 64 , 64 ) ; font-family: &quot;helvetica neue&quot; , &quot;helvetica&quot; , &quot;arial&quot; , sans-serif">11 }} {{damage= 8 }} I would still like to be able to format text going to the chat window in the various products I put on the marketplace. Attack rolls from traps, save or take damage effects, and general descriptions would look a lot better following the same formatting as rolls from the character sheet rather than the bare text which is the only option at the moment.
Hello Brian C., I have pinged the devs on this issue. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know. Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not a solution to the bug, but a workaround would be to put the macro that you want to send to chat on a macro mule character (or a global macro might work in this case as well) and then call the character ability in the journal command button. The journal command button would be: `%{Macro Mule|test}
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi Brian,&nbsp; Seems like this functionality was documented in our wiki &nbsp;by a Forum Champion thanks to a conversation had previously &nbsp;:)&nbsp; I have submitted a ticket to the devs to repair this behavior!
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Cheers!