Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Video Feeds Inconsistent

Edited 1560379599
Hi, not sure where else to put this since I've already been through the Solving Technical Issues and A/V troubleshooting guides to no effect. My group has had the usual "try reconnecting" issues with our webcams time to time, but never to this degree. With 3 people using webcams (1 DM and 2 players), each of us can only see 1 other video feed, or none. It's not even consistent with who can see who, and people's feeds drop out at random. Reconnecting does not solve the issue. Changing browsers has not solved the issue (between myself and the other player, we have tried the latest updates of Chrome, Firefox, and Opera with all add-ons disabled) and this issue has persisted for the last 3 or 4 weekly sessions. We are all on Windows 10. I have made sure I have javascript enabled and there is no interference from my antivirus. I cleared the cache on every browser I tried. Does anyone know what's happening here, and how to fix it? WebRTC Debug Log in case it helps.
Yes, this has been a constant problem with Roll20. Most people have switched to using Discord, Google Hangouts, Teamspeak, or something similar.
Hello Chrissy, Thank you for this report. We are sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. So that we can provide you the proper assistance, please provide us all of the requested information from the  Filing a Report on the Bug Forum section  of the  Video and Voice Chat Troubleshooting guide . This includes the following:  Your computer's settings (A good place to find this info if you don't know it is  Support Details ) Web Browser Browser Version Operating System If Javascript is enabled Your anti-virus software List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled A Console Log from the moment you logged into the page through when you encountered the issue. The average Download and Upload speeds from the Bandwidth Test . The name of the campaign this issue is happening in. Thanks.
Hi Dragon, I included all my computer settings in the initial post, the difficulty is that this issue is affecting all 3 of us trying to use video. We've tried several browsers between the three of us. I have also provided the debug log, unless the console log refers to something different? To reiterate info on the issue: Your computer's settings (A good place to find this info if you don't know it is  Support Details ) Web Browser - Opera, Chrome, Firefox Browser Version - Opera 60.0.3255.151, Chrome 74.0.3729.169 (unsure as to Firefox as another player tried it with no success) Operating System - all 3 of us on Window 10, to my knowledge. I updated within the last week. If Javascript is enabled - Yes, as well as flash Your anti-virus software - disabled in hopes of getting anywhere with this video issue List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled - all add-ons disabled with no success A Console Log from the moment you logged into the page through when you encountered the issue. The average Download and Upload speeds from the Bandwidth Test . - 152.28 Mbps up, 173.31 Mbps down The name of the campaign this issue is happening in. - A Fae Rhyme We never had any issues so persistent with our video feeds before, and once again, this has been for the past 3 weeks of once a week sessions.
Hello Chrissy,&nbsp; Thank you for the requested information. Yes the console log is a bit different. You can find the information for it here and below. Additionally, I have gone ahead and passed this information along to the devs. Once we have more information, we will let you know.&nbsp; Thanks! In Google Chrome Use the keyboard shortcut: Command - Option - J (Mac) or Control -Shift -J (Windows/Linux). If that doesn't work, follow these instructions:&nbsp; <a href="https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/console#opening_the_console" rel="nofollow">https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/console#opening_the_console</a> In Mozilla Firefox Use the keyboard shortcut: Control-Shift-K (Command-Option-K on the Mac) If that doesn't work, follow these instructions:&nbsp; <a href="https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Web_Console" rel="nofollow">https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Web_Console</a>
Hi Dragon, Thanks for the clarification. Here are my console logs when I pull up the game in Opera &nbsp;and in Chrome . I've primarily used Opera with Roll20 for over a year as it's somehow been the most reliable when it comes to A/V issues; I'm fine switching to Chrome or Firefox as recommended, but that has yet to solve any of the problems I've experienced. It looks like I'm getting the same 4 errors in both Opera and Chrome, 3 at the beginning of the log and the 4th at line 155 in the Opera log and 149 in the Chrome log.&nbsp;&nbsp; If needed, I can update you with new logs when all three of us are online next session; just let me know. In the mean time I'll try and get a log from our Firefox user as well.
Hello again Chrissy, Thank you for providing us that information. In reference to Opera, we are only able to provide assistance with Firefox and Chrome as they are the only two supported browsers for Roll20. As such, thank you for the Console Log for Chrome. As previously stated, I have already gone ahead and passed this information along to the devs. Once we have more information for you, we will let you know.&nbsp; If you are able to provide us a Console Log for Firefox, that would be great. Please be sure to follow&nbsp; the steps of our guide to &nbsp; Audio Visual Troubleshooting &nbsp;before grabbing the Console log to be able to give us a good clean baseline for the information. Thanks!