Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cards not being shown

I have a player on tablet that can not use cards, he cant drag them out. I understand this because tablets are wierd. But as GM and as a player i can not open his cards. i can open the cards of other players and take their cards out or steal them, but his cards the window will not even open so we cant get rid of his cards. Cards are a very crucial part of our system, and its hard to keep track of what he has used.... Is there a way to fix this? DND5e
Hello Richard J., I am sorry to hear that you and your player are encountering this issue with using cards. To be able to provide the proper assistance, please verify the following information: Name of the campaign this issue is happening in. Name of the character that is having this issue. Device details you are using while encountering this issue. (Device model, OS & Version, Browser & Version, etc...) Device details for you player. (Device model, OS & Version, Browser & Version, etc...) Is your player using 'Table on Tablet' and accessing the campaign through a browser, or using the Roll20 app for mobile? As soon as we receive this information, we will be able to provide you the proper assistance.  Thanks!
The Fractured Sphere Roshar Grimshaw Stony Mountain is his character, i believe thats what his username is Grimshaw but im not certain. Device details for me, I have used google chrome 74.0.3729.169   ( Official Build )   (64-bit)   (cohort: Stable) Firefox: Firefox Quantum 67.0 (64-bit) The device model is a custom built desktop computer, cant really give you a model number there unless you want a system breakdown. Windows 10. Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134 His device details and the table on tablet i asked him i will get that to you as soon as i get the information. How he is playing tho, should not affect MY ability to see his cards, nor the ability of the game owner (who is our regular GM, i just get added as GM to build certain things and to support players as needed) Neither of us can see his cards, even the other players can not open the card window for him in an attempt to "steal" a card.
He is using Table on tablet, and the built in safari browser, Apple IPad Pro 10.5 inch 256GB
Hello again Richard J., Thank you for that information. As you are using different types of devices, the troubleshooting and diagnostic steps are different.  For your issue, please  carefully work through the following steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues  below. Please be sure that you follow these steps in order for each browser to check if the issue persists.  Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) For your player, they will need to use Chrome or Firefox and see if the issue persists. Roll20 is only supported on those 2 browsers. It may not work as intended on any other browser. Thanks!
I dont understand why. he opened it for testing, and it started working.... but anytime we have a lot of people online it doesnt... so ill try to test more tonight when we are in full session mode to see if that does it. He however, still cant click and drag them out from the ipad, i assume thats a problem with the touch screen. would a bluetooth mouse fix this? The roll20 app he tried, and it wont even load. I cant get it to load for me either... it is just a white screen, the journal partially comes up but wont load anything...
Hello again Richard J., I am happy to hear that your player was able to be able to utilize their cards. Additionally, the iPad version of the app has a couple known issues that will require a complete rebuild in order to fix. You can read more about available workarounds for known problems and why we're currently unable to update the app at this time:  Workarounds for Issues with the Ipad Roll20 App . Let us know if you need any additional assistance.  Thanks!
He cant use his cards still, but the GM is able to steal them, he cant click or drag the cards out at all which would be nice to have fixed also... The android version of that app has the same problem, i cant get it to load at all either. It seems like the entire app might just need a rebuild. and i checked that link. we dont use charactermancer. so its not caused by that either. our sheet doesnt support it.
Hello again Richard J., Can you verify that they are only using Chrome or Firefox?
They are not, they are on an ipad so they are using safari. But i dont understand why the browser that THEY are using, would stop ME from opening the window to their cards... why would their browser block that? We got it working for some reason, i dont know if someone from support saw it and changed something, but that logically doesnt make sense to me that it would affect me opening a window.... as well as the actual GM. or other players for that matter.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Richard J. said: They are not, they are on an ipad so they are using safari.  I can't speak to the problem at hand, since it does seem like something odd is going on, but just for future reference in case your iPad player has problems that can be solved by using a supported browser, Chrome does work on an iPad. I use it for Roll20 when I can pry it away from my wife. :)
Hello Richard J., I am sorry for any confusion that may be resulting here in trying to handle these 2 separate issues. The information provided about your players issue and supported browser was only in regards to your player's issue and not your issue. As these are 2 separate issues, as stated before, they needed to be handled differently to figure out what each of your issues may have been. Richard J. said: We got it working for some reason, ... Can you confirm if both you and your player's issues have been completely resolved? Or if the issue still persists in any way? If this issue comes back or persists in any way, please see the information below depending on who is still having an issue. Thanks! In regards to any issues your player is having on a mobile tablet using Table on Tablet, they will need to be certain that they are using a supported browser. Only Chrome or Firefox is supported. These can be used on an iPad. If they are not using a supported browser, we are unable to provide any troubleshooting assistance because they are not supported.  As such, please have them use a supported browser to see if the issue continues to persist. If they use a supported browser and the issue still persists, please let us know and we can pass that information along to the devs. However, please note, that if your player is having hardware issues, i.e. touchscreen is not working, we will not be able to help with that. They will need to find another solution to that issue before we will be able to help assist with any issues resulting from the use of the Roll20 app.  In regards to any issue you may be experiencing, please follow the previous troubleshooting steps. These steps are designed to rule out potential issues and give a baseline for diagnostic purposes. Once those steps have been followed and the Console Log given, we can then provide additional assistance with any issue you may be having. And if needed, pass the console log on to the devs for further assistance.
I can now see my players cards, that works, altho not all the time, we both have to refresh at some point and then it tends to work for now. HIS ISSUE: on safari he can not even click and drag cards. Like holding it down and dragging it like you would moving an app, they dont do anything. on chrome, the cards move, but when he tries to drop them onto the tabletop to "play" them they just snap right back into the menu and will not actually play onto the table...
Hello again Richard J., Thank you for that update! As previously stated, we are unable to do anything about any issues your player is having while using Safari. Since your player has tried in Chrome and it is still resulting in an issue, please have them also try in Firefox. Additionally, please provide us the iOS version for your player's tablet. To note, all of the requested information is for diagnostic purposes that is needed to be gathered so that we will be able to help provide the proper assistance. I apologize for any frustration this process may have caused. The information is necessary to help resolve this issue. Since you are still encountering issues on your end, please confirm that you have followed all of the troubleshooting previously mention from our  Solving Technical Issues  guide. This includes clearing your cache, disabling all extensions/add-ons for both supported browsers, and then trying both Firefox and Chrome to see if the issue persists.  One additional test we ask that you try is to see if this issue persists in a newly created game. Please create a new game with you and your player to then check to see if the issue still persists. This will need to be done after you have cleared your cache, disabled all addons, and with your player using a supported browser.  We thank you in advance for this requested information.
I know you cant do anything about safari, i was stating it as, well, its what was happening. he has run thru clearing the cache and confirming no addons or extensions several times now. Firefox had the same problem. the cards will not play at all. its the same as safari, the cards wont even pick up on firefox. iOS 11.4.1
Hello again Richard J., Thank you for that information.  I have passed along your player's issue to the devs. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know.  If your issue returns, please follow all of the troubleshooting steps  including the Console Log.  Thanks.