Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tracker value of selected token

Edited 1560435500
Hey everyone. I'm trying to lessen the workload of our ST in Exalted 3E, where decisive attacks damage for the current Initiative value. This works well for players (by rolling off a damage table like so:) /roll @{tracker|CharacterName}t[damage] - the table consists of two values, - with a weight of 6 and 1 with a weight of 4, but only for established tokens. I've tried pretty much any combination I can think of for /roll @{tracker|@{selected}}t[damage] to roll for the selected tokens' initiative tracker value, but the only thing that rolled at all was /roll @{tracker|@selected}t[damage] and then only ever one die. Not being much of a programmer, I'm guessing that both @tracker and @selected work at the same level. I've looked through wiki and forums and I have not found anyone attempting the same, so I decided to ask you; Any way around that? Thanks for reading and doubly so for any ideas :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not familiar with this syntax /roll @{tracker|CharacterName}t[damage] what is it doing? If your GM is also Pro, you might need to look into a script solution like The Aaron's  OnMyTurn , or the various status or condition trackers which might have the ability to trigger things on a given turn.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GiGs said: I'm not familiar with this syntax /roll @{tracker|CharacterName}t[damage] I had never seen it before either. Apparently @{tracker|Bobby the Barbarian} will return the initiative order number of the token called Bobby the Barbarian. I think all attribute calls are processed in one step however, so I don't think you can make an attribute "sub-call" to make a meta variable.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 is so well documented... ;)

Edited 1560466980
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It is documented here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Rolling_For_Initiative" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Rolling_For_Initiative</a> Apparently it's been broken during a recent update, I've reported it to the powers that be. False alarm, is working, just not in my test game... weird...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was going to object but then saw that final line. So it is.&nbsp; I hadnt known about the noerror one either.

Edited 1560536889
@keithcurtis: what I tried to make it do (and it works in this way) is to retrieve the initiative value from the tracker, then roll that many times on a table, called [damage]. What I was trying, in addition, was to make it roll for the selected token, rather than a name that you type out; Grabbing the 'name value' from the token and then comparing that to the initiative tracker. To hopefully illustrate it more clearly: Bobby the Barbarian has an initiative value in the tracker of 10, he uses "/roll @{tracker|Bobby the Barbarian}t[damage]" and it'll roll 10 dice on the [damage] table, say 6x"0" and 4x"1", giving him 4 total successes. I was attempting to give the story teller the option of using the same macro for a selected token, grabbing the token name (with @selected) from his selection and then using that instead of "Bobby the Barbarian" in the above macro, but I think you're right, they're probably both processed at the same time and I'd have to resolve it via API. (This is NOT rolling FOR initiative, but rather rolling the initiative value as dice on a table) @The Aaron: Not quite what I was attempting, but thanks for the reference, I hadn't known about the error supressing. @GiGs: It is well documented indeed, yet the only references outside API's I could find were @tracker and @selected to try and do what I was aiming for. It is a rather unconventional application of the offered scripts, for sure :) I'll look into Aarons' MyTurn, maybe I can manage to adapt it. Thank you three for taking the time to reply!