Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Beholder eye ray macro

Hi everyone,  I was wondering if anyone has/ knows how to build a beholder eye ray macro for 5e? Much obliged!

Edited 1560452448
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In 3.5e I found that a rollable table worked very well, I would expect it would be the same for 5e.
I use a macro to choose the eye, the individual macros for the eyes. The Eye Macro: /w GM The Beholder chooses to use his [[1D11-1]] eye. (Zero = physical attack. An example Eye: 1. Charm Person: /desc One of the Beholder's eyes flashes! /w "@{target|token_name}" Save vs. Spells if failed you realize @{selected|token_name} is now your best friend, you would do anything for him/her/it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I put each eye ray on a token macro, with them labeled "1 Charm", "2 Paralysis", etc. Then just rolled a d8 and pressed the appropriate button. You could even name them "1", "2",... and save a lot of screen real estate.