Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder Community Sheet] Using Macro Results in Abilities

Edited 1560642567
I'm working out ways to integrate my monster abilities into the chat, auto-resolving against my PCs AC. For example, I want to be able to select a monster token, click an ability from a list of macros, then click a PC, and have a text result say something like: "Minotaur lunges forward at PC with a Powerful Charge! It's a hit! The minotaur deals 17 damage!" I've worked out a bunch of the process with mook abilities using an ability, which automatically runs the Powerful Charge macro from my minotaur, whispers me the attack and damage rolls, and emotes the attack to the players. But is there a way to play with the roll results of the repeating_weapon macro and show those in chat as well? %{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_attack-roll} /emas "Minotaur" lunges forward at @{target|character_name} with a Powerful Charge!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike's Camera said: But is there a way to play with the roll results of the repeating_weapon macro and show those in chat as well? %{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_attack-roll} /emas "Minotaur" lunges forward at @{target|character_name} with a Powerful Charge! The repeating attack macro relies heavily on the pf_attack roll template...  You might consider making a generic attack "outcome" macro that includes a query to indicate a hit/miss and damage dealt.  Example; you interpret the whispered attack, then use the "Outcome" macro that posts a description of the attack.  Normally ,GM's would simply describe attacks to the players, but I can see the advantage of text descriptions for a text-only games and/or to simply provide an accounting of a combat via the chat archive.