Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with Rise of the Runelord module

Hello, I'm currently trying to start a new game with some friends using the Rise of the Runelord module. For the most part, things are going rather well, except that one of the players is having nothing but issues with the game. When he connects to the game, can see the journal assigned to him, but it doesn't allow him to see the character sheet, saying "Unable to find character to edit", even though I've assigned the sheet to him properly. After a few minutes, he gets the following error: "your connection to the server has been interrupted." The player is using Chrome, but he has the same thing happen when we tested it in Firefox. We tested a different game with no module added (using the same character sheet) and it works just fine. As far as I can tell, having the module in the game seems to disagree with his computer, for some reason. Is there anything that can be suggested to help us get this going for him? Thanks for your time.
Hello Aaron G., I am sorry to hear that your player is encountering this issue with accessing their character sheet. To rule out potential issues,  please have them carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues ; Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache After these steps have been taken, they will need to see if the issue still persists. If none of the above succeeds, please provide us the name of the campaign/sheet and have them thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Thank you for your response. :) We have already verified that the issue persists through both Chrome and Firefox. I will have to double check regarding extensions, but I'm reasonable sure that he checked this. He made and attempt to clear the cache in Chrome, but it seemed to take a very long time to do this. Firefox was newly installed, so I don't think that there is any cache issues there, just yet. I tested the issue on my own computer. I did not experience the issue with Firefox, but I did experience it, temporarily, in Chrome. After a few minutes, it seemed to resolve itself. Does that indicate a caching issue?
Hello Aaron G.,  If they are having an issue clearing their cache, then it is a very good chance that an issue may be resulting from their cache. They will need to follow the troubleshooting steps in full to get a baseline for us to be able to help diagnose the issue and provide the correct support. If the issue still persists once they are able to clear their cache and still have all extensions/add-ons disabled,  please provide us the name of the campaign/sheet and have them thoroughly work through all of  Step 4  including the Console Log.  Thanks!