Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Avatar and token uploads are plain white images

Pretty much title. I tried to change my avatar image and my token image in a game I'm in and they both showed up as plain white images with the same dimensions as the files I uploaded. Different file types and sizes do not work as well. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?
Update: My DM can upload images fine and fixed my token for me, but my avatar images are still blank. I don't know why this is only a problem with my account.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wouldn't think it would be an issue for avatar images, but by any chance are you over quota on your Art Library storage? You can check this on your accounts page.
Storage quota only shows 23/100 MB as of right now
Hello Amoo, Glad to hear that your token's image has been corrected.  In regards to your Avatar image, I have removed the white image. Please try to update your Avatar in your Profile settings again.   If it still doesn't work,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions and try again. Step 3: Clear your cache  and try again. If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Thanks for the help Dragon Dreamer. I was originally using Firefox, but after switching to Chrome it now works. It seems like Firefox is having a bunch of XML parsing errors during the file upload. I'll post the log here in case someone from the dev team wants to take a look at it.
Hello Amoo, I am glad to hear this was resolved in Chrome.  Before you were able to fix it with Chrome, did you attempt to try the troubleshooting steps in Firefox and then still encounter the issue? If not, we would need a "clean" instance of your Console Log with your cache cleared and extensions/add-ons disabled for diagnostics.   So, if you encounter this issue in the future, please keep that in mind so that we can make certain you get the correct assistance.  Best.
Sorry for the late response. I don't think I tried the steps in Firefox since the first thing I remember trying was Chrome. However even after clearing my cache and cookies/site data for roll20 I still encounter the same issues on Firefox. I do not have any extensions running that I believe would interfere since the only extension not shared between my browsers is tab containers, and roll20 is not in a container.
Hi Amoo, Thank you for that information and glad to hear your issue was resolved!  I'll be closing this thread now.