Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chat history broken!

I tried to look at the chat archive from my last game (one day ago!) and found that many of the dialogs are empty. This included simple chat between characters & GM as well as generated HTML from macros and API scripts. Examples: In-game: Archive: Another example from the same game. In-game: Archive: I would have  titled this "Chat Archive broken," but there are a few API script chat outputs that somehow disappeared from the in-game chat as well as the archive. This happened while we were playing! I generated loot with an API script, a few things happened to push it out of the window, I switched to the Journal tab for a moment, then returned to chat and scrolled up to look for it. Nada. That one completely disappeared without even an empty placeholder like many of the others. This is completely unacceptable, especially that last part where I cannot even rely on the chat in game. I have players that try to document things, but as GM I must be able to go back and review things for various reasons.
Hello Ben L., I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the Chat Archive. Please note that the devs are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. However, there is not ETA on when a fix will be available.  Until a fix has been made available, please provide the names of sheets you are using that you are noticing this behavior on in the May 21 Infrastructure Update Bug Thread .  As such, I am going to close this thread. Please follow that thread for updates.  Thanks.