Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd not working...

So I have a game of Curse Of Strahd that myself and my players have been doing for a few months now.. tonight they were travelling from Krezk towards the werewolf den... I had a self made map to do an encounter on during the journey.. simple map, stanard size, nothing over the top.. i laid a transparent fog thing on it covering the map do give the impression of the opressive fog that is everywhere in this module... they completed it np.. and moved on to the den, I swapped them on the map list to the werewolf den map.. and the game screen switched to the load screen.. and that is where it has stayed since then.. neither myself or any of the 4 other players are able to get the page to load.. just a big black screen that says ROLL 20.. loading etc... plz help ! thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check out this thread and see if it is of any help. There seems to be an issue with that page in that module.
I ran my regular CoS yesterday from 6pm to 10pm.  We literally spent, cumulatively, about an hour and a half of that time playing, and two and a half hours lagging/ disconnecting from the servers.  This is only a problem in CoS.
Thanks for the help.. it didn't really help however... in the end one of my players managed to get connected, so I promoted him to GM and asked him to move the players to a different map, and to update the settings on the werewolf den map to disable fog of war/dynamic lighting.. the map seems to be working now.. 
Hello Rich B. and Wolf Thunderspirit, Just wanted to pop in this update from the thread  keithcurtis provide: Drespar  said: Hi everyone, We were able to reproduce this on our end as well with a fresh copy of Curse of Strahd. It does seem connected to Global Illumination + Advanced Fog of War being active simultaneously on the Wolf Den map. Disabling one or the other seems to return performance in that instance. I have passed word along to the production team to get that corrected in a patch so new games do not run into the same issue. That said, Advanced Fog of War and global illumination are inherently at odds with one another and as it stands global illumination will negate Advanced Fog of War. However, the performance hit in loading the page is certainly not expected or intended and the developers have been notified and are investigating. Sorry for all of the trouble everyone! We hope this information helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks.