Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Random Daily Encounter Table

Edited 1560764230
Here is a script that does something simple, by expanding on rollable tables and saving the output into a handout instead of outputting to chat.(note: Things are "undefined" because I've been too busy writing the script, and not busy enough filling in my own random tables!) Things I'll be looking into adding include: -     Adding/customizing the time of day for possible encounters - Adding/customizing the types of prompts - Adding/customizing the total number of tables you can roll on Currently, you need to have the following tables defined: Encounter-Types (with the following items added): And the following tables with your selection of prompts: Character-Encounters, Friendly-Social, and Hostile. Note that the Combat and Social(Hostile) all roll from the same table. To use: Copy the API Script to a new script on roll 20, and name it DailyEncounter.js type !encounter # in chat, where # is between 1 and 6 You can find the script on my git . Please feel free to post any bugs or requests and let me know if you're using it! Edit log: 6/17 Added use instructions
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Cute!
The Aaron said: Cute! Why do i feel like a 5 year old that just showed Bob Ross a picture they made...
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ha! No, I mean it. =D. I'm just on horrible internet in the Ozarks for a few days, so terse is best. I'll try it out when I'm back to civilization. =D
Sounds good Aaron, I look forward to hearing what you think.
Gave it a test, seems to not work atm.
Did you get any sort of an error from it?