Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

reCAPTCHA and gateway time-out error.

I haven't looked to see if there are gateway timeouts for Roll20, but it seems that searching for things results in a gateway timeout. The more to the point, is this reCAPTCHA thing going to be a continuous thing for subscribers? Before (around 4 hours ago) I wasn't even able to connect with reCAPTCHA servers meaning I couldn't post anything. Please tell me this isn't something I will have to put up with?
And I just noticed I posted this to the wrong forum, was meant to be over at Pro, was wondering why I could find it ^.^ my bad peoples.
Hello GayKiwi, I am sorry to hear that you have encountered these issues.  Are you still having the issue with the reCAPTCHA? If so, please provide the requested information in  Step 4  and try all of the troubleshooting steps from our  Solving Technical Issues  guide below.  Additionally, if you are also still encountering the gateway time-out error, please provide us more details as to the exact issue you are having with the gateway time-out error. This will be  Step 4  of our  Solving Technical Issues  guide below. To rule out potential issues,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache Once you have done the above steps, please thoroughly provide all of the requested information from  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
reCAPTCHA solved itself when I was able to make this post. I believe the issue was with Firefox's new no following powers - thou I have nothing to say but oh that happened recently when I say that. Gateway Timeout: In trying to bug test this, discovered that a VPN plugin was interfering with the information. Whats interesting is that even thou its the same settings across Firefox and Chrome, Firefox is the only one that is plagued by this issue. I have to wonder if this is another protection from firefox mixed with settings that are in the VPN. But I dont know. But good to know that I cant use search functions when connected to that. Is the reCAPTCHA thing here to stay thou for Subscribers? Seems overkill.
Hello, In most cases you should only have to complete a reCAPTCHA once and it is not something we willingly force anyone to interact with multiple times. That said, reCAPTCHA is automatically triggered based on a wide variety of factors to help us in preventing spam, phishing, etc. My recommendation would be to double check if there may be anything going on that might be setting off said triggers. Our apologies for the inconvenience!
Like the same thing that triggered the gateway problem. That is to say, the VPN (I think its the correct term anyway).