Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Space Adventures - Traveler 1st Edition Short Campaign

Edited 1560806226
Date;&nbsp; Friday June 28 10:00PM EDT&nbsp; System; Traveler 1e&nbsp; Frequency; Weekly Audio/Visual; Voice only -First Session Will Be A Session 0- For a while your characters have lived on the desolate planet of Gray Worm, but one day you get the opportunity of a life time, a meeting with a morally gray guild artisan named Arron Laux. Traveler has a very weird character creation system. You can't just pick out a occupation like in Call Of Cthulu, you have to roll to see if you can get into your occupation. For instance you may want to become a Scientist, but you fail your roll, so your scientist is fired for plagiarism. This system creates really interesting characters. ( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soc4GrlymzY" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soc4GrlymzY</a> &nbsp;gives a very basic run down of how it works). This is my first time GMing for the Traveler system, so it'll probably be more rules light than other Traveler games. This game is deigned for players who are new to the Traveler system, but feel free to apply no matter what. I know many groups use Discord, but for this group we're just going to use the built in Roll20 voice chat. If we have many difficulties, we'll switch to Discord. What I appreciate most in a player is kindness, quick decision making, and willingness to role play. I love players who write back stories, and try to include them in the story. If you're homophobic, sexist, transphobic, etc, then this is not the game for you. I want all my players to feel comfortable and happy in my games. If a certain moment makes you feel uncomfortable, please just tell me. You can even just private message me an 'x' and I'll make sure to back up, discuss it with the party, or rewind time if necessary, to make the moment less uncomfortable. If there's a certain thing that you find triggering, please private message me, so I make sure not to include it. The main reason I play table top role playing games is to make new friends and craft crazy stories, so I'm excited to meet you all. This game will include mild gore and mild swearing. Certain romantic elements will also be included, such as kissing, sleeping together, etc, that a player can choose to interact with. Although nothing overtly sexual will be discussed/described. I repeat, nothing sexual will be discussed/described. Each game will take about two hours long. There should be about five sessions in total, but if the party wants more or less, I can work with them. Very simple maps will be used. I use homebrew monsters and items. I also try to keep a balance of comedy and darker moments in my game, alongside a balance of exploration encounters, combat encounters, and social encounters (of course all this can change depending on the players actions). I try to have combat encounters be pretty challenging, but not impossible.
Questions to answer when wanting to join (you don't have to, this is just a template); Game preferences, do you prefer more combat oriented encounters, role play encounter, etc? Level of experience with the Traveler 1 system?&nbsp; Level of experience with Roll20?&nbsp; What sort of character archetypes do you tend to play? Preferred pronouns? Anything else the DM should know?&nbsp; Any questions for the DM?
Hello there, I love Traveler, but I'm only familiar with Mongoose. That said, I pick up systems pretty quickly so that shouldn't pose much of a problem. I've got a fair bit of experience with Roll20 and like a game with a solid mix of combat and social/roleplaying encounters. I don't know that I tend towards one archetype or another, but I suppose I lean towards. . . interesting? Interesting or stupid, one of those. If you're still looking for an extra player, I'd love to meet the group and see if I can be a good fit.&nbsp;