Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gabriel Pickard dirt roads? Just big ol' dirt tiles?

Does anyone know where the dirt roads are in his packs? Not the forest paths from the Vile Tiles: Forest Mapper 1 (I have those and they aren't big enough) I mean the large-sized dirt roads used in Village to Pillage: Small Town 1. Also a big dirt patch floor map like in the small town example... I can't find them in any of Gabriel Pickard's packs.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try this in a google image search and see if any of the hits lead you to the set you are looking for: site:marketplace.roll20.net Gabriel Pickard dirt
keithcurtis said: Try this in a google image search and see if any of the hits lead you to the set you are looking for: site:marketplace.roll20.net Gabriel Pickard dirt Thanks, Keith! Maybe it's the "Slap-Down Town Construction Set" but those kind of look like the forest mapper tiles, too, and I've already got those... Mehhhh, I'll get it and see if it's what I'm looking for.
Update: I got Slap-Down Town Construction set... It wasn't what I was looking for (pre-made, large dirt roads that matched the ones in the Village to Pillage Small Town pack). However, I made a dirt pattern from the large dirt floor in the Construction Set so I could make my own roads. That's all I could find.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Howdy sorry for the slow response, I've just gotten back.  I am not sure I currently have anything that will meet your exact needs.  What sort of set would best meet your needs?
Hi Gabriel, thanks for getting back to me! So, I made a photoshop pattern using the 9x9 dirt floor from Slap Down Town, darkened it, and smooshed it around one of the backgrounds until I had a huge patch of dirt to stick some buildings on (going for muddy, rainy, "miserable" terrain). I was looking for large dirt pieces that I can plop down on the big green/grassy maps. I have Slap-Down Town and Forest Mapper, but these paths were too small for what I was looking for (like a dirt that became a road after a large army marched through it). It would be cool if they were well-worn, muddy (and miserable-looking) to march in, with cart tracks and puddles and large stones. The closest I could find to tracks was from one of the desert packs, but they look too bright.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'll see about adding that to a future set, I know I need more roads in general.  Thanks for the feedback and the detailed request I appreciate it!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This set of dirt trails and patches live and hope it meets your needs. 
And guess who bought it as soon as it dropped? XD Thank you!
Funny how I didn't know I needed that dirt path pack until I saw it... I've wanted dirt roads for a while myself. I was just playing around in Dungeon Painter Studio, and adding a hex color 996600 tint at about 50% intensity looks pretty good for the Desert Mapper wagon tracks on these paths.
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
That was an insta-buy for me... I just wish it existed before I created several road maps leading my players to their first major city. Trying to craft some caravan pit stops from existing roads was kinda "ehh" and now I need to figure out whether to scrap the mish-mash and redo them with the new dirt trail and patches set. Decisions, decisions.