Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

RE: Text Editor Update Bug Report Thread

Original Thread , now Archived due to Age. I was hoping to get an update on where these issues currently stand on being fixed? I know that some of them still exist. For instance, while inserting the link above the issue "The Add Link dialog box automatically fills in with the text selected, and the "open in new window" checkbox is hidden until checked, and then misaligned." is still there. And I've noticed that "In private messages, the formatting bar blocks the preview." is still an issue as well. The last post to the thread from a Roll20 member said they were going to query the devs on information in regards to the ticket, but that information was never provided. And the last edit to the first post in the thread was 9 months ago, which was originally posted over a year ago. Could we get a status update on the issues I brought up here, as well as the others listed in the first post of the original thread? Thank you in advance.
Hello missionz3r0, I have poked the devs for updates. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know. Thanks.
Well it's odd that my pictures didn't save. I had examples added in of the problems. Anyways, thank you very much. I look forward to hearing back.
Hi missionz3r0, Thank you for asking about this! I have brought this up to the devs again to get it on their radar. They will be prioritizing the inconsistent private message window issue for the time being. The checkbox invisibility and alignment was brought up as well. Regarding the link feature, this is actually intended. The idea being that you could input a url first  then edit afterwards to the text you want it to be. i.e. Roll20.net and then editing to  Roll20 . It just is made to allow for the reverse of putting text in first and adding the link afterwards. Thank you again!
Drespar said: Hi missionz3r0, Thank you for asking about this! I have brought this up to the devs again to get it on their radar. They will be prioritizing the inconsistent private message window issue for the time being. The checkbox invisibility and alignment was brought up as well. Regarding the link feature, this is actually intended. The idea being that you could input a url first  then edit afterwards to the text you want it to be. i.e. Roll20.net and then editing to  Roll20 . It just is made to allow for the reverse of putting text in first and adding the link afterwards. Thank you again! Heya! Thanks for the reply. I'm happy these items are back on the radar again. As for the url linking. My issue actually isn't with the text fill, I was just quoting what was in the original bug log. My issue is with the open in new tab checkbox. As seen here. And just to be explicate. The issues I laid out in the first post were just examples of some of the problems I've been having. After playing around, I've notice that all of the items that aren't crossed out on the first post of the original thread are still issues. As well as a few that are crossed out, such as uploading pictures to forum posts. The ones above I hosted to imgur in the hopes that they show up. And here's a full copy of the list, copy and pasted from the other thread.: Known Issues List: (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING) (Updated September 18, 2018) GM Notes text can break APIs Tall and wide images in forum posts don't wrap properly. Images cannot be aligned or have word wrapping set-- and the preview does not accurately reflect this.  (Partial fix on Aug 14, 2018) Chrome's spellcheck selects the misspelled word Character sheets: fonts appears very small. This is being fixed by character sheet authors individually. See this post for information . Code blocks can nest in odd ways and get the cursor stuck. Copy/pasting attributes from compendium entries aligns them too far to the left. Hotkeys in sub-items do not work correctly. In private messages, the formatting bar blocks the preview. The Add Link dialog box automatically fills in with the text selected, and the "open in new window" checkbox is hidden until checked, and then misaligned. Adding a link with the dialog box automatically adds http:// which is not always desired. Achievement tooltip is showing raw HTML Very large forum posts cannot be edited (this is an old known issue and the new text editor will not fix this.) Images don't always upload to forum posts (this is not a text editor bug, but it is a bug we're aware of).
And I'm a dolt, heh. I just realized you already said the checkbox thing was brought up.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As for the URL field being pre-filled with the selected text, I've just gotten into the habit of selecting the text to link and pressing Ctrl-KAV (link, select all paste). I don't even think about it anymore.
I noticed that the formatting bar no longer blocks the preview in messages. So I wanted to respond and say thank you for some quick work. If you'd like, I can take the old list and add it to the top of this thread and update it so that other users coming here and noticing the same problems have something to go by.
Any updates on this by chance?
Hello missionz3r0, Thank you for your patience while the devs look into these issues. I will poke the devs for more information. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know. Thanks!
Thank you again Dragon Dreamer! I look forward to hearing back!