Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Its A Trap! 5e Generic failing to load...

So my sandbox states. With the default theme I am not able to apply the attack and damage information related to traps, as well as enter the passive perception DC for the traps to be spotted. The script has worked well for me for months. Even a few days ago I started setting up some bear traps for a jungle excursion and they worked great. But now the damage and attack section is completely gone. I tracked it back to the Its a Tarp! theme not working and reverting back to the default.  I have removed and reinstalled both the 5e Generic and base Its a Trap! scripts but it is still not working. Please Help!
Likewise: 34 Failed to load It's a Trap! - D&D 5E Generic 35 No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /home/symbly/www/d20-app/apiscripts/ItsATrap_theme_5E_Generic/3.0.3/TrapTheme.js Would love to have this back to set up real auto-traps again. Seems that an update to Roll20 or an update to the 5e Generic theme changed a name of a root folder causing the addon so it goes looking for a folder that doesn't exist anymore on startup.
Having the same issue with the 3.5 theme. The core script loads but the game specific theme fails.
I also shot a message to the creator, Stephen L., yesterday so I'm hoping to hear back from that or Roll20 soon. My next session is sneaking through a Lost Boys Encampment that's covered in traps to retrieve their stolen loot. Of course this happens when I decide to do a trap-centric session XD
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry everyone. I goofed in my last update to the script (no new features, but did some code restructuring) and broke the script.json files for the trap theme scripts. I've got a fix for it implemented, but it won't be available until the Roll20 devs process pull requests for the API repository. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like the pull request didn't go through. There was some conflict with renaming the old folders to fix the script.json versioning issue in the last pull request. It probably won't be another week until the devs process pull requests again. I'm really sorry to all the users of this script for this inconvenience. :(
Finds
API Scripter
Got it working in my game by grabbing the 3.0.2 script off github and installing it directly <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/ItsATrap_theme_5E_Generic/3.0.2/TrapTheme.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/ItsATrap_theme_5E_Generic/3.0.2/TrapTheme.js</a>
Sweet Jesus, Finds! You angel! That worked for me as well. This weekends Lost Boys session is SAVED!
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here in my inexperience; I copy all of the info on the github 3.0.2 version linked above by Finds, I go to API scripts on roll20 and select "new script" then paste all of the information into the script area. This gives me the options under "theme-specific properties" but the problem I encounter is it fails to detect any of the attributes such as AC, passive perception or any attribute for saving throws, so it is still not functioning for me, just comes up with the following errors in chat: (From TrapTheme: 5E-Generic): Please provide name of the attribute for AC in the One-Click options.&nbsp; (FOR AC) (From Trap theme: 5E-Generic): Please provide name of the attribute for either passive perception or the perception modifier in the One-Click options. (FOR PASSIVE PERCEPTION) (From TrapTheme: 5E-Generic): undefined (FOR ANY SAVING THROW) I have tried editting parts myself such as finding "passive_perception" and replacing the line with "passive_wisdom" but still the exact same error. And because it is a copy-pasted script I can't just enter the values in the text boxes on the API scripts section like you can with the script library-installed version. I am using the standard "D&amp;D 5e by roll20" character sheet for my games and don't want to change this to OGL or community as my newer players are used to the look now. Is there a way to get this functioning? Do I need to install both the latest but non-working version of 5e-Generic theme using the script library AND make a new script with the copy paste contents from the script off github? Is there an in-game ! command to bring up these attribute options to enter? Or am I missing a way to install the mod without new script&gt;copy paste?

Edited 1562176127
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Copy-pasting the script may work for some people, but it requires user options from the One-Click interface to be set up. If you're having trouble with those, try manually adding in the following script to set up its user options: (() =&gt; { 'use strict'; /** * This small script manually sets up the user options for the D&amp;D 5E Generic trap theme. * Use this in case the script isn't working from the One-Click library for some reason. */ on('ready', () =&gt; { globalconfig.itsatrapdnd5e = { sheet: 'ogl', // options include 'ogl' (the Roll20 sheet), 'community', 'shaped', and undefined (for custom sheets). // Set the following to the names of your custom attributes only if 'sheet' is undefined. ac: undefined, strSaveModifier: undefined, // e.g. 'str_mod' dexSaveModifer: undefined, // e.g. 'dex_mod' conSaveModifier: undefined, // etc.. intSaveModifier: undefined, wisSaveModifier: undefined, chaSaveModifier: undefined, perceptionModifier: undefined, passivePerception: undefined }; }); })(); The above script is for the D&amp;D 5E Generic theme. If anyone needs a similar script for one of the other system themes, let me know in this thread. Sorry again for the inconvenience. I've been trying to work with the devs in charge of the API repository on this, but so far they have been unresponsive.
Stephen, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you so much for this extra effort and script. No need to apologise at all! it's not your fault the repository was changed. Will keep an eye out on this thread and updates for the main fix, but for now making a new script adding the above has it working, top man!
Still getting issues, but here is the shaped version of the mini-script: (() =&gt; { 'use strict'; /** * This small script manually sets up the user options for the D&amp;D 5E Generic trap theme. * Use this in case the script isn't working from the One-Click library for some reason. */ on('ready', () =&gt; { globalconfig.itsatrapdnd5e = { sheet: 'shaped', // options include 'ogl' (the Roll20 sheet), 'community', 'shaped', and undefined (for custom sheets). // Set the following to the names of your custom attributes only if 'sheet' is undefined. ac: 'AC', strSaveModifier: 'strength_saving_throw_mod_with_sign', dexSaveModifier: 'dexterity_saving_throw_mod_with_sign', conSaveModifier: 'constitution_saving_throw_mod_with_sign', intSaveModifier: 'intelligence_saving_throw_mod_with_sign', wisSaveModifier: 'wisdom_saving_throw_mod_with_sign', chaSaveModifier: 'charisma_saving_throw_mod_with_sign', perceptionModifier: 'skill/name/perception/total_with_sign', passivePerception: 'skill/name/perception/passive' }; }); })(); The issue I got when using was this, in chat: 9:30AM (From TrapTheme: 5E-Generic): CharSheetUtils is not defined And this, in the sandbox: "ReferenceError: CharSheetUtils is not defined\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at TrapTheme5EGeneric.getSaveBonus (apiscript.js:21155:18)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at TrapTheme5EGeneric._doTrapSave (apiscript.js:17081:19)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at Promise.resolve.then (apiscript.js:17041:25)\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:109:7)"
Also not getting the following to show any damage results or saving throws:&nbsp; It didn't work when putting in the 2d4+1 damage, avoiding the damage type display. PS: Damage Types would be a neat thing to add into the setup menu, as would the ability to mark prone, etc.&nbsp; I know token-mod could do this too, but I don't know how to script it to target the target of the trap.&nbsp; Options are selected , target , or token id - i don't see how to code that so the trap would transfer/ send/ detect it for token mod in order to write it's macro. Core properties Name Spikes_01 Type Spike Trap Message Jutting spikes erupt from the floor, covered by an apparent illusion. Disabled no GM Only yes GM Notes Destroyable no Shape properties Affects Flying Tokens no Blast distance Stops Tokens At center Trap shape rectangle Trigger properties Set Trigger self Other Traps Triggered Ignore Tokens none Delay Activation undefined seconds Reveal properties Max Search Distance When Activated yes When Spotted no Layer map Special properties API Command Special FX None Sound TokenMod script Theme-specific properties Attack Bonus Damage 2d4[piercing]+1 Hide Save Result no Miss - Half Damage yes Saving Throw dex Saving Throw DC 11 Spot DC
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The latest version of the It's A Trap script introduced a new dependency on the Character Sheet Utils script. Since Roll20's One-Click system isn't able to automatically detect new dependencies when a new version of a script becomes available, you'll need to install Character Sheet Utils either through the One-Click library or&nbsp; manually from here: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/CharSheetUtils" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/CharSheetUtils</a>.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For anyone needing to manually install the Pathfinder theme, manually install this companion script to set up its user properties: (() =&gt; { 'use strict'; /** * This small script manually sets up the user options for the D&amp;D 5E Generic trap theme. * Use this in case the script isn't working from the One-Click library for some reason. */ on('ready', () =&gt; { globalconfig.itsatrapthemepathfinder = { sheet: 'Pathfinder Official', // options include 'Pathfinder Official' (the Roll20 sheet), 'Pathfinder Community', 'Pathfinder', and undefined (for custom sheets). // Set the following to the names of your custom attributes only if 'sheet' is undefined. ac: undefined, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;touch: undefined, fortSaveModifier: undefined, // e.g. 'fortitude' refSaveModifier: undefined, // e.g. 'reflex' willSaveModifer: undefined, // etc.. cmd: undefined, perceptionModifier: undefined }; }); })();
I'll keep an eye on this thread for when the fix goes through, if you could keep us updated that would be phenomenal!&nbsp; Thanks for your hard work :)
I thought I was crazy until I found this thread! Thank you for the status updates Stephen. You're the best!

Edited 1562877581
Finds said: Got it working in my game by grabbing the 3.0.2 script off github and installing it directly <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/ItsATrap_theme_5E_Generic/3.0.2/TrapTheme.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/blob/master/ItsATrap_theme_5E_Generic/3.0.2/TrapTheme.js</a> Thanks man, that worked for me too (although using the pathfinder Theme instead) I spoke to soon, it looked like it was working but it's not quite correct. I'll wait for the real fix. :(
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Good news, everyone! The trap themes are finally working again from the One-Click library!

Edited 1563975027
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Stephen L. said: Good news, everyone! The trap themes are finally working again from the One-Click library! Sweet! Edit: Stephen, I'm having some weird problem with the updated script, all the sounds in my game are automatically selected when trying to build a trap. As far as I can tell It's a trap is running the latest version and all the required scripts are installed, including&nbsp;Character Sheet Utils.
Also having this issue.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like a problem with special characters being embedded in the menu's action button. I probably should have tested it some more with track names including dashes, punctuation, and other non-alphanumeric characters. :(
Having the same issue as Ravenknight&nbsp;
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This update should fix the Sound button issue: <a href="https://github.com/Cazra/roll20-api-scripts/blob/trap/Its%20A%20Trap/3.9.3/ItsATrap.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Cazra/roll20-api-scripts/blob/trap/Its%20A%20Trap/3.9.3/ItsATrap.js</a>
Stephen L. said: Good news, everyone! The trap themes are finally working again from the One-Click library! Thanks! Just in time. You're awesome.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's A Trap v3.9.3, which fixes the sound button issue, is live now on the One-Click library. Thanks everyone for your patience!
Woot!
YAYY!