Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token Earthdawn by FASA character sheet companion

Edited 1562233979
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Earthdawn by FASA character sheet companion suddenly stopped working recently if it is an "added script". It still works fine if it is an "imported script" the API screen shows the message&nbsp; Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again.&nbsp; More info... For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token The script has not been changed since April, so there is no known reason why it would suddenly stop working. And if the code was bad it would seem it should not work as ether added script nor imported script.&nbsp; This might be related to an error that was going on last year.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6223311/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6223311/slug%7D</a> This seems to me to be an error with Roll20 rather than the script.&nbsp; Note: that this problem is the roll20 API reporting an error, so browser and operating system or cache seem unlikely to be the culprit (though I did do all that stuff anyway).&nbsp;
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anybody have any idea what is happening here or what can be done about it?
Hello Chris D., I have moved your post to the API forum. Thanks!
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If anybody could give me a hand on this, I would very greatly appreciate it.&nbsp; Once again, it used to work. Nothing has changed. It was reported to me to have stopped working a week ago, I have tried everything I can think of, It still does not work.&nbsp; The API script works fine if you, on the API page select "New Script", name the script, and paste the text of the script in. It works fine.&nbsp; It also works fine if you on the API page select "Script Library", select the script from the dropdown, and say you want to "import" the script. It works fine. The only problem is when you, on the API page select "Script Library", select the script from the dropdown, and say you want to "Add Script", then you get the " SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token " message.&nbsp; It seems to me that the script itself is fine, because it works as a "New Script" or an Imported script. It only has a problem when it is an "Added Script". I personally, can't think of any reason why a script would be fine as an imported script, but not work as an added script. This makes me think that it is probably a bug in Roll20 wherein Roll20 in some small way treats added scripts differently than imported scripts. However the Mod team has moved this from the Bug report subforum to the API script subforum, so they seem to feel differently, without giving the least hint as to why or how it could possibly be a problem with the script.&nbsp; Any hints, guidance, or suggestions on how to proceed from here would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp;