Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with PF Bestiary please

I am running a Pathfinder game and bought the Bestiary to help with encounters. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but only sometimes am I able to click on a monster from the Compendium and be able to open the character sheet. Most of the time I can't. There is an arrow that I can click on to get quick stats but I can't click on it, open the sheet and have clickable character sheet for the monster. Most of the time. Sometimes it works as it should. I move the token onto the map and can open the character sheet but that is only sometimes. I am using the PF by Roll20 sheet an have compendium sharing open. I don't know what else to do. It is frustrating and feels like I threw $30 away. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Edited 1562559162
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you dragging the monster into the editor?  Drag/drop "should" create a new monster sheet and automatically open the newly created sheet.  The arrow next to the name in the bestiary tab will only show a quick stat block within the compendium tab.  Clicking a monster's name will open a new compendium window/page with the stat block, but a sheet isn't created in this case.
Hello Steven S., In addition to what Vince has provided, please make certain you are dropping the tokens onto the correct layer . As well as, verify that you are interacting with the correct layer when trying to interact with the token . If you are still having issues, please let us know and we can provide more assistance. Thanks!
Thank you for this. After messing with it I realized that just some of the monsters I am having trouble with. Our cleric likes to summon certain beasts and some of them are not working the way they should. Eagle and Giant centipede for sure don't work the way they should. Even though it says they are from "B1".
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Steven, are you dragging the token from the compendium each time you need to place it? After the first time that you drag the npc onto the table, it becomes a journal entry and should be dragged from that in the future.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Scott C. said: Steven, are you dragging the token from the compendium each time you need to place it? After the first time that you drag the npc onto the table, it becomes a journal entry and should be dragged from that in the future. Related to this: Suppose you drag a token from the compendium, let's say a wolf. That is now a journal resident in your campaign. If you make any changes to it, say change the stats or the token art, that changes your resident copy. By default, Roll20 will try never to overwrite your local changes. Even if you drag in a fresh wolf from the compendium, it will only place a copy of your local wolf character and token. To get the default again you will need to either re-name that local copy, or delete it from the campaign. I mention this in case the oddities you are seeing are related to this behavior.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: Scott C. said: Steven, are you dragging the token from the compendium each time you need to place it? After the first time that you drag the npc onto the table, it becomes a journal entry and should be dragged from that in the future. Related to this: Suppose you drag a token from the compendium, let's say a wolf. That is now a journal resident in your campaign. If you make any changes to it, say change the stats or the token art, that changes your resident copy. By default, Roll20 will try never to overwrite your local changes. Even if you drag in a fresh wolf from the compendium, it will only place a copy of your local wolf character and token. To get the default again you will need to either re-name that local copy, or delete it from the campaign. I mention this in case the oddities you are seeing are related to this behavior. Excellent addition Keith, that is a less than obvious effect of how compendium entries are imported.
Thank you for all of the input. And yes I just realized myself that it will make a copy in my game journal. And actually those copies work perfect and I can open the character sheet from those. I even edited the ones in my game journal so our summoner can have access to some of the monsters so I dont have to do it for him. Thank you again for all of the input!!