Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Script That Limits Token Control to Sight, Auras, and Light

I'd like a way to represent special senses to select players in my campaign. Could a script be written that could be used in the following ways? Allow designated player(s) to use effects like see invisibility . Invisible token is given aura, radius 0 Player cannot see token's light or have access to its sight Player cannot move/edit token, edit its status icons, or see/edit its bars Desired effect: Only chosen player(s) can see the aura, as long as it is within line of sight Allow designated player(s) to use effects like scry . Invisible token is given sight Optional: Limited field of view, emits light, and/or sight multiplier other than 1 Player cannot move/edit token, edit its status icons, or see/edit its bars Desired effect: Only chosen player(s) can see through this token Allow designated player(s) to use effects like blindsight . NPC token(s) emits light, radius 0 Player cannot see token's auras or access its sight Player cannot move/edit token, edit its status icons, see/edit its bars, or access its associated character Desired effect: Only chosen player(s) can see these NPC tokens with no other light sources Anyone know of a script already capable of these functions?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can probably do this with TokenMod. I dont use dynamic lighting so cant comment on every detail, but tokenmod does allow setting light settings.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
TokenMod + TokenLock + Some unwritten scripts. I think I actually wrote something (or started writing) like the first one.  Since the API is reactive, not proscriptive, it can't actually restrict players outside the options provided by the UI, it can merely configure the graphics a particular way, or use settings across several graphics, or undo changes made by players. 
The Aaron said: TokenMod + TokenLock + Some unwritten scripts. I think I actually wrote something (or started writing) like the first one.  Since the API is reactive, not proscriptive, it can't actually restrict players outside the options provided by the UI, it can merely configure the graphics a particular way, or use settings across several graphics, or undo changes made by players.  Can TokenLock be selective? I currently use it, but was under the impression it simply works as "all locked" or "all unlocked."
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, I'm thinking of MapLock. That one's selective. 
Oh, perfect! Thank you, that'll knock out my main concern with adding these features. Is it fairly easy to toggle whether a graphic is locked if I create a macro for it? The idea would be, while the players may have access to things like the NPC token's sight, they can't move it, but I can when I need to.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It is pretty easy to toggle. The major drawback is that the API cannot prevent a move, it can merely move it back if it gets moved away.