Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

stop the beeping

hi, stupid question time: roll20 makes an annoying beep-ish sound every time someone rolls dice. i cannot find a setting to turn it off. i assume i'm blind. please help. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's probably the sound the Chat makes whenever any message happens.  Probably the only way to not hear it is to turn your sound off, which is really no answer at all...
i think you're right. i did not consider that rolling dice would be considered "chat". the good news is, turning off "Enabled background chat beep" fixes it.  thanks :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, nice!  I was looking for that setting, but didn't see it. =D
    glad i'm not the only one who couldn't see it. XD
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I turn that off whenever I create a new game. Now if only I could make sure my players did so. That sound is loud and comes right through audio.
As a DM, I depend heavily on that sound to indicate whenever my players send me paranoia notes out of character. But at the same time, I see a need to globally disable it for certain things. Perhaps this would fit into our suggestions forum.
Gargamond said: As a DM, I depend heavily on that sound to indicate whenever my players send me paranoia notes out of character. But at the same time, I see a need to globally disable it for certain things. Perhaps this would fit into our suggestions forum. Gosh this is an interesting idea. There are several helpful use cases for a toggle to the effect of: "Enable GM (or Player X) to configure My Settings in this game." For folks new to Roll20, you could save some fuss by allowing more experienced game partners to simply "drive" for a few minutes, to spin up the the player settings that matter.

Edited 1562940854
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gargamond said: As a DM, I depend heavily on that sound to indicate whenever my players send me paranoia notes out of character. But at the same time, I see a need to globally disable it for certain things. Perhaps this would fit into our suggestions forum. Stephen L just wrote a " Hands Up " script you might find very useful, since you are Pro level.  This script installs a macro named 'Raise Hand', which when pressed will cause the player's icon color to flash in order to get the GM's attention. The player can later lower their hand by simply pressing the same macro again