Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

User Interface for Token Mod

Edited 1562982612
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm going to put a front end on top of Token Mod.  Again like Roll20AM and CombatTracker, this is purely a selfish interest because I don't like Macros and I want something to show in chat.  I've reached out to TheAaron and we'll see where this goes.  I honestly have no idea yet how I'm going to organize the bazillion things that TokenMod does in a concise and easy to use manner, but I love the challenge.   I'm still stabilizing CombatTracker right now, so it may be a bit and I'll start posting screen shots for feedback.  TheAaron will hopefully give me some help here as well.   This will be a separate script using Tokenmod.  I'm not modifying his base code.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
So if I understand correctly, both scripts will need to be installed? Your script is an interface for making calls to token-mod?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeppers
Sounds awesome, Victor!  I look forward to it.  BTW, great work on picking up CombatTracker.
Well if you pull this one off, you will be Aaron 2, Master Scriptomancer, second class. Aaron 1 is The Scriptomancer.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, Robin (CombatTracker) and TheAaron are the scriptomancers.  All I do is add a million log statements to figure out how their complex commands actually work and what they are doing.  I couldn't do any of this stuff myself without someone else doing the legwork.  I am good at UI.  Many years of experience with that.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've gone through the code.  My initial approach when I have time to work on this is to put drop downs in front and build commands you want to use.  So you select the high level command, another menu is displayed that allow you to select other options related to the high level one you chose, down to the nitty gritty commands.  Then you save, and you have a command you can select from a menu by selecting a token or tokens.  So you'll build a list of commands that you want to issue.  I'll do a global commands and favorite commands so you can limit the list.