Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Script to use a token bar as a rolling information display

I have the need to utilize the token bars to display more than three stats. Has anyone seen a script that will swap the (current,max, along with bar color) of bar 3 every 2 seconds using a list of variables from a character sheet? For example: current HP, Max HP, RED for 2 seconds current Mana, Max Mana, BLUE for 2 seconds current Armor durability, Max Armor, YELLOW for 2 seconds current Stamina, Max Stamina, GREEN for 2 seconds. Repeat from top. All of these values stored as attributes on the sheet and a array attribute for the list of attribute tags.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know of a script that will do that out of the box. You could create a token-mod macro that swaps them out with a button press, but it wouldn't rotate the values on a schedule. I suspect there would be issues with trying to edit a bar value while it is being changed. You could also create a macro to whisper them to chat in a nicely formatted roll template.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think a script that's changing them on a cycle would be a tremendous pain in the butt to actually use. It would also have some performance costs. Easier would be to set up a script that manages a token below the main token, offset up to stack an additional set of bars. They'd be the same color, but you'd have them and be able to access them from the other token.  Out of the box right now, TokenMod commands to swap a token would be pretty easy to get working.