Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[WOTC] Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas Bug Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas!  Quick Guide Accessing your content Addon The  Tactical Maps: Adventure Atlas  adventures have been created as an  addon . This content package is available via a dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the  Game Details Page . Select Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas and click on the blue  Add to Game  button beside the drop down menu. Map Pack You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. Which Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Dungeons & Dragons by Roll20 sheet. I already purchased Tactical Maps Reincarnated - Do I have to buy this again for the adventures? We have upgraded all previous purchases to include the Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas. No need to purchase again! Bug Reporting Guide To help us find the best solution to any issues that may occur with your purchased content, please fill out as many of the following as are applicable when making a report: A short, detailed description of the problem What  is the issue,  How  is it affecting your game,  What  is happening, What  should  happen? Clear and concise information is the most helpful in seeking out solutions Copy-paste any error codes received Include screenshots of the issue 

Edited 1563294990
The Tactical Maps is WOTC but I thought the Adventure Atlas was something else.  It's great that it is being released on Roll20.  I can't seem to find this in the marketplace under WOTC publisher or by searching for it.  Is it just a change to the Tactical Maps Reincarnated? Edit- I did find a link in the Tactical Maps Reincarnated store page, but it says the Adventure Atlas bundle is not for sale.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Mark - I updated the for sale status yesterday, is this still showing up incorrectly for you? -&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4175/tactical-maps-adventure-atlas" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4175/tactical-maps-adventure-atlas</a>
Nope, it's working now!
If i already bought the Tactical Maps, am i buying them again if i get this?
Terrelle S., you should be set! Anyone who bought the Tactical Maps: Reincarnated should be automatically upgraded to the bundle. Definitely reach out if that's not the case.
Bunny said: Terrelle S., you should be set! Anyone who bought the Tactical Maps: Reincarnated should be automatically upgraded to the bundle. Definitely reach out if that's not the case. Thanks! I'll be sure to check!
Bunny said: Terrelle S., you should be set! Anyone who bought the Tactical Maps: Reincarnated should be automatically upgraded to the bundle. Definitely reach out if that's not the case. My purchase of Tactical Maps: Reincarnated doesn't appear to have been upgraded, I can't see it on my account and when I go to marketplace I can still buy Tactical Maps Adventure Atlas even though the marketplace also says I already own Reincarnated. Am I doing something wrong here?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Truby - we have added &nbsp;the product to your library, so it won't be showing up on your purchases - Can you see it in your "Game Addons" drop down menu?
The monsters in adventure atlas do not auto-roll damage. I tried using both adventure atlas and monster manual in the same game. Cross-testing: step 1 The monsters from Monster Manual auto-roll damage (like I want them to do) those from the Adventure Atlas do not. Player characters auto-roll damage step 2 Created a new game with the same results step 3 Compared the settings for the weapon/attack on the monsters to make sure they were identical My solution so far has been to delete the monster from adventure atlas and use the one from Monster manual, but not all of them can be used that way (e.g. Kobold Inventor)
Tested the issue Jens F. reported and can confirm the same issue. Monsters do not auto-roll damage, even when the game setting is set to auto-roll damage.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
After setting auto-roll on the campaign settings page, you need to apply it in-game. Under the settings tab at the very bottom: "Apply Default Settings". I have just tested this and confirmed that it works properly. By setting the setting on the campaign settings page, you are telling it how you want to treat new monsters. This is likely why the Monster Manual tokes are coming in how you want them. The campaign settings page does not affect existing characters though. That needs to be done with the in-game button.
ok...followed the instruktion and on one hand it solved it. 3 issues her: 1 - new problem. Now every monster asks if I want to use the charactermancer. It works if I select Edit Manually (tried to press&nbsp; Apply Default Settings again, making sure not to check that option) 2 -Problem from the start There was still a difference between using the Adventure Atlas and Monster Manual.&nbsp; 3 - UI design It must be much clearer designed.&nbsp; If you save settings, you expect them to be...well saved and applied.&nbsp; You don't expect to go in under "Experimental Features" to actually apply it. ... The&nbsp; Apply Default Settings button does not specify which default.&nbsp; In any program you expect&nbsp; a default to reset things to a standard....not applying all the changes you have made. When you press it you get an unclearly stated warning.&nbsp; Suggested new name on button: "Apply game settings" ( For any developer worth anything...you know naming is important!!!) Suggested location: Best outside the game. On the settings page...at least not with&nbsp; "Experimental Features". So...there still is a bug.
Jens F. said: ok...followed the instruktion and on one hand it solved it. 3 issues her: 1 - new problem. Now every monster asks if I want to use the charactermancer. It works if I select Edit Manually (tried to press&nbsp; Apply Default Settings again, making sure not to check that option) 2 -Problem from the start There was still a difference between using the Adventure Atlas and Monster Manual.&nbsp; 3 - UI design It must be much clearer designed.&nbsp; If you save settings, you expect them to be...well saved and applied.&nbsp; You don't expect to go in under "Experimental Features" to actually apply it. ... The&nbsp; Apply Default Settings button does not specify which default.&nbsp; In any program you expect&nbsp; a default to reset things to a standard....not applying all the changes you have made. When you press it you get an unclearly stated warning.&nbsp; Suggested new name on button: "Apply game settings" ( For any developer worth anything...you know naming is important!!!) Suggested location: Best outside the game. On the settings page...at least not with&nbsp; "Experimental Features". So...there still is a bug. Agreed. Supremely counter-intuitive and confusing. I had actually forgotten about the "Apply Default Settings" button (thanks, Keith, will apply to my game tonight), but the behavior, name, and location are just weird.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't writes 'em, I just reports 'em.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks - make sure in your game settings you have the following setting checked, then run the "Apply Default Settings" again: I will make sure that this behavior has been documented

Edited 1565707098
Trivia I assume you mean pressing Apply Default Settings, then checking Use Level 1 [etc]. On the plus side -Monsters no longer asks for the charactermancer. On the minus -Neither does new player player characters. Without knowing the details of the code, it feals like both NPCs and PCs are inherited from the same class. Problem might be how objects are initialized. If the option in the game settings refer to the parent class, it will probably affect both.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Correct Jens - However, the Charactermancer is accessible on each sheet individually :) I understand this is not an easy process and it's been discussed with devs - Thank you for letting us know about the confusion here!
Ok...the charactermancer did not behave this way before i used the A pply Default Settings-method as described before. In my regular game (I use a test game to try this out) I get into the charactermancer with new characters, but not when I bring in a monster from Monster Manual So...something was changed.

Edited 1565777615
Well...I dont know if anything was changed but it looks like it works now. I tried turning the charactermancer-function on and of a few times and noticed a delay. When the function was turned on, if I immediately tried creating a character, it didn't work.&nbsp; So I pushed F5 to reload the page, and it solved it. Might be related to the document object model.