Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character (top down 2d token image) Generator

Edited 1564423143
Pictured above, Chef Token example I made using Hero Forge.   Character image generator that has always been a grand wish of mine for tabletop gaming of any kind.   Similar to hero forge, but a simple 2d layered app.  Clothing options, head/ face options, hair options, hat/ helmet options, body type options, things like that, so it is easy to make a character or NPC token that looks roughly like a character sheet, or from a homebrew person, etc.   Generic options for most D&D humans, and maybe down the road expand for dwarves, elves, orcs, goblins, dragon kin etc. etc. etc.   One male base, one female base, and different options you can turn on or off.  This is NOT an avatar generator.  Basically, a 2d dress up game that can be exported as a png for subscription paying players to then export as tokens for their game.  All layers can be recolored with a color selector for different parts of the character.   I have seen many requests and suggestions similar to this one in the past, that never got the push it needed to get through.  If such an asset was ever created, it would far exceed the value of any other RPG tool, and if the artists are doing it for commercial use, then it could be a large selling point of Roll20, or possibly even be an asset someone else outside roll20 might make as a top down character maker will be super useful for roll20, it is best made here, but other character generators can be of great value, similar to the 3d version of this generator for Hero Forge, which I use to make custom tokens for my players, after coloring them in, but it isn't the same as a 2d generic token generator app, which I would happily pay the maximum subscription of 250$ a year for in roll20 (I think that is the more expensive one).  All other market assets are worthless to me except for monster icons, which is why I have not purchased a subscription.  NPCs and PCs are so important to be customized in my opinion, character sheets too, which is why I made an excel document separate from the game for my players to use in my games in Roll20 and Tabletop Simulator.   Thank you for reading this, this is very important to me, I appreciate any support for this cause.  :)
I got the premium version of Roll20, just to browse what tokens it gets me.  And there are NO useful player tokens I find from the premium assets.  If I have to buy each pack separately, I may as well keep using the ones I create, since none of the packs are useful in a modular customizable sense.  The ones provided with premium seem to be cartoony and viewed from the side, not from above properly like most of the freebies are, which is a real disappointment.   I don't think myself, my players, or my boyfriend are going to want to use roll20 without a simple character creation tool, or even a token generator, where some simple assets, such as a rat or bee, can be shrunk, and made copies of, then create a compound token that has lots of bees, as a bee swarm, which isn't a token on the marketplace I could find easily (swarm of wasps is similar), but lots of these tokens are either free on google, or in my offline drives of tokens I have commissioned or made myself.  Having a roll20 token making tool available for premium users would be amazing, just like a drag and drop and recolor system with various bases and components, then a crop and save feature as a png (for transparent backgrounds).  
Here is a player token I made using Hero Forge, and paint.net for the recoloring for a Hermit Fighter wearing a Long Nosed Bear Pelt, wielding a sword and shield.  This is similar to what I am going for with this suggestion.  
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .