Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game Not Loading.

I am having a problem similar to  another user . Every time I attempt to access my "Curse of Strahd" campaign, it fails to load, says "Page Not Responding", and gives me the option to "Wait or Exit Page" after about 20 seconds. Interestingly enough I have another Curse of Strahd game created titled "Test Game" that I use to test out macros, APIs, and other experimental features without my players seeing and without flooding the chat with a bunch of tests and to make sure any gamebreaking APIs don't crash the actual game. I've removed all of the APIs from the main game and it still didn't work. In the related post, it looked like Devs needed to make adjustments to the backend of the game. I was wondering if that could be done or if there are any steps I can take to fix this. Our next game starts 7/23/2019 at 12pm EST, so I told my Players we would "migrate" to another game until the main one can be fixed if it couldn't be fixed in time, but I would like to return to the normal game because I have extensive notes in that game. I would use the Transmogrifier to move those documents from one game to the other, but I can't access the Transmogrifier without loading the game ( a feature that would be great if it were also accessible from Game Page > Settings > Game Settings too). Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi Jake, I think I found the game in question but I want to make sure of a few aspects: 1) Did this start to happen after you moved to a particular page in the game? 2) Did you enable Advanced Fog of War and Dynamic Lighting's Global Illumination at the same time on any page you were accessing? There is a known issue where these two functions cause performance issues that crash the page. I have gone ahead and in the game disabled the known page that can cause this sort of issue but I am not 100% if I had the correct game. So if you can confirm for me that would be great!
I also am having this issue. Loaded on a page and it now crashes the browser on both firefox and chrome
It's fixed. Thanks if that was you
Drespar said: Hi Jake, I think I found the game in question but I want to make sure of a few aspects: 1) Did this start to happen after you moved to a particular page in the game? 2) Did you enable Advanced Fog of War and Dynamic Lighting's Global Illumination at the same time on any page you were accessing? There is a known issue where these two functions cause performance issues that crash the page. I have gone ahead and in the game disabled the known page that can cause this sort of issue but I am not 100% if I had the correct game. So if you can confirm for me that would be great! It's working now. Thank you very much. My players were on the Wizard of Wines Winery page when it started happening, I've never enabled AFoW on any page in any of my games. Things I had activated at the time: • Dynamic Lighting    - Enforce Line of Sight    - Only Update on Drop    - Restrict Movement    - Global Illumination • Custom Audio Soundtrack (Dark Souls III: 03 Firelink Shrine) • Torch API by The Aaron Audio and Video broadcasts were both disabled and are disabled for every player.