Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 app on iPad stuck on Loading... screen

The last two times over the past month when I've tried to use my Roll20 iPad app to access and use my character sheet, it lets me log into my account but once I choose a campaign to load it gets stuck on the black "Loading. . ." screen and never does anything else. I have an iPad Pro 10.5" running iOS 12.4, and my Roll20 app is updated to the most current version.
Hi Brenna, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the app.  I'll be passing this info along to the devs; they may need more information.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I’ve had the same issue for months, though for me it never loads anymore. I just thought it was my iPad ‘s issue.
I've got the same issue.  Hasn't worked since December... Just gets stuck on loading page.  I assume this is to do with the 'new build', but i could be wrong. 
Hi everyone, Do you still experience this issue when attempting to load into a new game? Does it still fail to load when attempting to access the game from a PC?
Drespar said: Hi everyone, Do you still experience this issue when attempting to load into a new game? Does it still fail to load when attempting to access the game from a PC? Hi Drespar, Just created a new D&D 5E OGL game.  Tried logging in on the Ipad and again it just hangs at the loading screen.  On the PC, no issues at all.  I hope that helps?
Drespar said: Hi everyone, Do you still experience this issue when attempting to load into a new game? Does it still fail to load when attempting to access the game from a PC? Yup and I’m not trying to be negative Nancy with this comment. loaded the iPad app to see what could be done on it, I’ve been interested in Roll20 since 2012 but found it too cumbersome. I haven’t been able to do anything productive with the app, stuck on “loading”
Hey steve, Just for clarification - you're also using (or attempting to use) the mobile app, correct?
CeeJay B. said: Hey steve, Just for clarification - you're also using (or attempting to use) the mobile app, correct? Hi Ceejay, I can confirm that I am using that Ipad App.  From Safari web-browser it's working but as you know the interface is clunky.  It used to be far more responsive on the App.

Edited 1563983512
The Devs are aware of the ongoing issues with the iPad app and are currently working on addressing them. In the meantime, as a workaround, I would highly suggest trying the mobile browser version (which we refer to as Table on Tablet) in the Google Chrome mobile app, as Roll20 is optimized for Google Chrome and Firefox.
CeeJay B. said: The Devs are aware of the ongoing issues with the iPad app and are currently working on addressing them. In the meantime, as a workaround, I would highly suggest trying the mobile browser version (which we refer to as Table on Tablet) in the Google Chrome mobile app, as Roll20 is optimized for Google Chrome and Firefox. Hi Ceejay, Thanks for the reply.  Glad to know you guys are aware of it and working on it.   I'll use the Google app in the meantime.   Out of interest, is there a list of bugs/features that you are working on with priorities?  I'm sure the community would find it most useful.  For instance, I would assume AFOW is one of the top items as far as bugs go and then new features etc. Also, I know you guys have received a lot of flak since January re the new build, but I would like to say that apart from the obvious bugs and features that we are all aware on, in general the system is soooooo much faster.  I use the shaped sheets and in December on a Friday night I could wait 5-15 seconds for each dice roll to appear.  Now it's almost instantaneously for all of us.  Keep up the good work!
CeeJay B. said: The Devs are aware of the ongoing issues with the iPad app and are currently working on addressing them. In the meantime, as a workaround, I would highly suggest trying the mobile browser version (which we refer to as Table on Tablet) in the Google Chrome mobile app, as Roll20 is optimized for Google Chrome and Firefox. I can see the same issue happening years ago and it’s still not fixed...I was about to subscribe to roll20 but this is really discouraging.