Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding clickable text in the journal for monster stats from the manual monster

I would like to create clickable text in the journal that pops a monster's stats up in a new window. I see this a lot in WotC modules on Roll20 and would like to do the same in some of the content that I am creating. An example below shows "goblin" as clickable text that beings up a stat box. I own the Monster Manual from Roll20 and would like to use some of those monsters in some of my content. Thanks! Dave
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you already have goblins in your game (important, this cannot draw directly from the compendium, drag a goblin into your game first), it's pretty easy. When editing your handout, simply type [Goblin] where you want the link to appear. The text in the brackets must be identical to the name of the sheet you are referencing (works for handouts too, all journals). Save the handout and presto, the link is made. When you go back into edit mode, the bracketed text will appear as a normal hyperlink. Bonus: If you get the URL from that hyperlink, you can use it elsewhere, like in a chat macro as [Goblins](url). This will create a chat button that will call up the goblin sheet.