Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

More tools for the creators on marketplace

Edited 1564171250
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
Hello there, folks. I'm being a creator on roll20 marketplace for several years and actually making a living with it and i really adore the recently added ability to edit token names, tags and other descriptions in my marketplace entries. Kudos to the team for doing that.  But it would be really neat if we, creators, will have the ability to edit the actual content in our entries by ourselves without contacting the roll20 team. By this i mean changing pics, swapping them, adding the new ones etc. I'm requesting this due i'm often receiving feedback about my stuff and i'm constantly patching it, but i really feel pretty insolent and annoying when i bomb the roll20 team with requests to swap or switch something in my creations. Also notifying customers about changes in entries their bought with emails is really a must have if such a change will be a thing.  Also, expanding on that idea, it should be a lot better to throw in marketplace submissions via form on the actual site, not with the google form.  This will help creators patch their content easier, responding on feedback more operatively. 
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
You should probably check your email, they sent out info about a new Creator tool recently.
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
Cant see any info in my inbox. Strange. 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I didn't get an email about it either, but I recall something being mentioned about it in a news or forum post somewhere... Also, when I submitted a new art set this week, there was also a message about it on the marketplace submission form.
Grantovich
Marketplace Creator
Yea, i see it too. I still cant edit already published entries tho. Only "approved" stuff can be edited, not the activated one. But i cant deactivate my entries to edit them in "approved" state. The "Deactivate" button just doing nothing.  My request is to allow creators to edit already published content so the changes would be visible for people which already have the pack purchased. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Grantovich - Currently we require that all Marketplace items require approval both for the sake of Marketplace Creators (in case something is missed) and for those that buy art on the Marketplace (so they feel confident in what they've purchased) We can always take down a pack from the Marketplace and allow them to be resubmit. It doesn't bother us to do so - we want to help! This process may be changed in the future - as we've just done a big update to the Marketplace Upload system, we'll be taking feedback soon on how it's working. Also if you're not getting emails for the marketplace and you're a creator, please email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> so we can make sure you're on the mailing list!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .