Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

When looking for a game how to tell if its freshly starting or already been going for a while

Hi, I am new to roll 20 and id like to know if all the games in the ''join game'' section are campaigns that didnt have a session yet. I was suppose to play a campaign on monday but the DM just canceled out the whole thing. So ive been wondering are all games there ready to start or some of them have been going on and they are looking for someone to replace and keep the game going. Is there a way to tell them apart ? Sorry if the whole thing is confusing, id just like some headsup before I start applying to stuff and leaving afterward and creating frustration among the seeking DMs Thank you for your time. 
1564848900
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
All games listed are actively recruiting players or occasionally a GM. One method I use to see if it is a new game or an old game is to look at the game's lfg posts. Most GMs have a read me post or a application post. See when it was posted then look at various other posts. Usually the older the original post is the more likely it is an actively ran game that is just recruiting a replacement players. New games usually don't have have to old of posts or not that many posts.
Thank you Pat for the quick answer!  So I got to look in the forum LFG section of the according game and check out.  Alrighty then. Its kind of weird that it doesnt have such a simple feature tho. You can select parameters such as '' mature only '' or ''starting soon'' but not ''New campaign'' or something like that ahah.
1564852005
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
What little bit I remember about how the listing functions, might be wrong also, the older the game listing the farther away from page 1 it is but it does not always follow that rule. That is why I recommended to look over the game's LFG posts and see the various post and their age. An additional reason for reading the LFG posts is that it will give you an overall feel of the people that might be in the game and how the GM responds to questions or things in general.