Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to make a character sheet a Tab in Firefox & Chrome on MacOS?

Hi, I've a player (the only one in our group) who is using a Mac. He doesn't seem to be able to make his character sheet open as a tab in the browser, rather than a modal popup. The rest of my group is on Windows, and we have no problem with this. I can't effectively help the Mac player, since I don't use Macs and know basically nothing about them. For reference, if someone could explain how to make a character sheet show as a tab in both Firefox and Chrome, we'd greatly appreciate it. We've tried Roll20 with the "Use window popouts for characters" option both enabled and disabled on the player's side. The Mac user does not see the double box button ( ) on the top left of the character sheet in either browser to make it become a browser tab. I'm sure this is likely to be something simple we just don't know about. Thanks.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
In Chrome, it's a two step-process (as far as I can tell)... 1. With the character sheet window the active chrome window, click the Windows menu and select "Show as tab" 2. That will show the character sheet as a tab in the new window, just click and drag that tab to the other Chrome window with the VTT and place the tab where you want Unfortunately, I can't help you with Firefox...not sure how to do it in FF.

Edited 1565041638
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In Firefox you can either edit the config file, or (probably better) add an extension. The former is a little draconic and affects all tabs. Search the extensions store for something like "pop up to tab"
keithcurtis said: In Firefox you can either edit the config file We tried this, and I was very surprised it didn't work--as that's how my own is configured.  We set browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction to 0. from the default of 2.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hm. Maybe it's an old tip and the FF app has changed.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I think part of the problem may be it's not technically a link, but a button event?
Finderski said: In Chrome, it's a two step-process (as far as I can tell)... Thanks for the assist; that's one browser, at least!
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I couldn't find a way to make it work in Firefox except for installing the popup that Keith mentioned. With that, it's two steps: 1. Click the popout button on the char sheet "window", or whatever mutant half-window it is. 2. Go the tab bar, right click, select "Move popups Here". It's pretty nice. <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/popup-to-tab/" rel="nofollow">https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/popup-to-tab/</a>
Thanks, @ Mike deBoston !