Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Private Eye Character Sheet . Creation

Hi all  im a Pro User and we play with all different Sheets as Pathfinder, Cthulhu, 7th sea, Numenera etc. But now we want to start with the RP "Private Eye". The System is like Cthulhu, just a lot easier. There is no Private Eye Sheet out there, sadly, so I tried to create my own! Without any HTML and CSS knowledge. I found a way to optically set up the Sheet. (Based on the Cthulhu 7E Sheet). But I def. stocked with all the Roll macros in the Sheet. Its way easier than Cthulhu. So If I have for Example Strength 50 a d100 needs to be on or below 50 to Check Strength. It sounds easy, but im lost! Maybe someone is working on a private eye sheet or can help me out with this one? that would be awesome! Thanks all. this is how far I got:  H

Edited 1565048301
David
Sheet Author
Depends what you want the result  to look like but the most basic macro for strength would be /roll 1d100<[[@{str}]] in the value of the the roll button.  Assuming you have not renamed the Strength attribute.
ok thx for that! i give it a try. i didnt renamed the attr. 

Edited 1565127455
@David thx for your help! it works!  now I have another problem, maybe for you its an easy one.. hopefully you can help me as well on this one? i have a fixed attribute with value lets say "10", an attribute with selectable values from -10 to +20 and an attribute where player can add points. In the end of the row I need a total of all attribute values. maybe its helpful if I post the part of the html and a pic. how do I set up the {{result= ......}} to get the total correct? html: <div class='sheet-colrow'>     <h4 class="section-head">Fertigkeiten</h4>     <div class="section">         <table style="width:100%">             <thead>                 <th style="width:20%">Fertigkeit</th>                 <th style="width:12.66%">Eigenschaft</th>                 <th style="width:12.66%">Grundwert</th>                 <th style="width:12.66%">Eigenschaftsboni</th>                 <th style="width:12.66%">Punkte</th>                 <th style="width:12.66%">Gesamtwert</th>                 <th style="width:4%">Wurf</th>             </thead>         </table>         <table style="width:100%">             <tr>                 <td style="width:20%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" value="Droschke lenken" disabled="true"/></td>                 <td style="width:12.66%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" value="GES" disabled="true"/></td>                 <td style="width:12.66%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" value="10" disabled="true"/></td>                 <td style="width:16%">                 <select style="width:100%" name="attr_eigenschaftsboni1">                         <option value="@{boni1}">-10</option>                         <option value="@{boni2}">-5</option>                         <option value="@{boni3}">0</option>                         <option value="@{boni4}">+5</option>                         <option value="@{boni5}">+10</option>                         <option value="@{boni6}">+15</option>                         <option value="@{boni7}">-20</option>                     </select>                 <td style="width:12.66%"><input style="width:100%;text-align:center;" type="text" name="attr_punkte_1"/></td>                 <td style="width:12.66%"><input style="width:100%" type="text" value="{{result=}}" disabled="true"/></td>                 <td style="width:4%"><button type='roll' value=''/></td>             </tr>
Hi all. I still didn't found a way to sum some values on one position. It should be really easy.. but I don't know how. On the first line called (Droschke lenken) I have a base value on 10. this is static and can't be changed. the the next field a bonus or Mali. in the next I should be able to ad point so the total is at (Gesamtwert). Never found a way to sum the main point automatically. Maybe someone is willing to help a newbie in this? Thx a lot 

Edited 1568730396
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are two ways to do this. The easiest is with an autocalc field, but it's also the most limiting in terms of later expansion. The best way is a sheet worker, but that can be a pain to get to grips with if you've never used them. But before i get to that, I notice you are using tables for layout. If this sheet is for your personal group use, that's fine. If you are planning on adding it to the roll20 repository for everyone's use, it won't be accepted under the current rules. Tables are no longer allowed, and you'll need to look into a CSS solution to laout those fields. Back to your question: Set up: For either method, you need to give each tag a name. You have given your select a name, but you need to give the inputs one too. I have assumed for that static value you have added name="attr_droshchke_lenken" Autocalc Method Change your result input to <input style="width:100%" type="text" name="attr_result" value="[[@{droshchke_lenken} + @{eigenschaftsboni1}]]" disabled="true"/> The advantage of autocalc fields is they work just like macros. If you can do dice rolls and macros in roll20, you can create an autocalc field. Sheet Worker This method is a bit more complicated. First in your html, change the static value from disabled="true" to readonly  <input style="width:100%" type="text"  name="attr_droshchke_lenken"  value="10" readonly /> Sheet workers do not work with disabled fields.  Then you need to create a script block at the end of your html, which looks like < script type = "text/worker" > </ script > Any sheet workers you create go between the two script tags. Here's one for your case: You need to name the attribute that will be the final result. I have named it result , for this worker. Replace result below with whatever you need. on ( "change:eigenschaftsboni1", function () { getAttrs ([ "eigenschaftsboni1", "droshchke_lenken"], function (values) { let eigenschaftsboni1 = +values.eigenschaftsboni1 || 0; let droshchke_lenken = +values.droshchke_lenken || 0; let result = eigenschaftsboni1 + droshchke_lenken; setAttrs ({ result: result }); }); }); Sheet workers are harder to understand (see the wiki for more), but can handle some situations that autocalcs cant, so it can be worth using them. I can explain what the worker is doing on each line if you need. Just ask. As an alternative to that sheet worker, I've created a script that lets you create multiple sheet workers more easily, over here . You'd just copy that entire script in the second post into your script block. Then find this section const multistats = { }; And for your calculation, change it to this const multistats = { result: {rule: 'sum', attributes: ['eigenschaftsboni1', 'droshchke_lenken']}, }; If you need to create any more workers of this type, you'd just add another line for each one, and change the all caps bits to the names of the needed attributes: const multistats = { result: {rule: 'sum', attributes: ['eigenschaftsboni1', 'droshchke_lenken']}, DESTINATION: {rule: 'sum', attributes: ['ATTRIBUTE_TO_ADD', 'ANOTHER_ATTRIBUTE_TO_ADD','MORE_ATTRIBUTES_TO_ADD']}, }; In this way you can add extra sheet workers with just a single line.
wow.. that's a lot of help! I will go through all your infos and will try it out. I didn't knew that tables are not allowed. It comes from the COC html I used from GitHub. I will try out and read also in the wikis. thx for all your help so far. Regards Rico
and don't be afraid.. I don't want to add it to the roll20 repository for everyone's use. Therefore my HTML Knowledge is way beyond good. I don't want to make someone angry or sad :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
People of all experience levels are allowed to upload to the repository. If you can make a sheet that works, it doesnt matter how well-written it is, you can upload it for others to use. Personally I don't agree with roll20's exclusion of tables. They are easy for inexperienced designers to create, but we have to work within the rules. If you want help in converting your tables to a css solution, it's not that hard. Just create a new thread asking for advice on that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GiGs said: People of all experience levels are allowed to upload to the repository. If you can make a sheet that works, it doesnt matter how well-written it is, you can upload it for others to use. They even let me do it. And I only learned JavaScript a couple of months ago.

Edited 1568753239
Hi all. thx a lot for all your help. Specially @GiGs. and hey, I got it! also without tables anymore! im kind of impressed by myself. :) I just used the Autocalc Method, cause I have to get one more step back and start from scratch for my next try. But for Private Eye it all works this way. Its narrative and we don't use the sheet often. Its also works with the integrated macro I 'stole' from the the roll20 tutorials. really nice. thx all for your amazing help here.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad to hear it :)
How can i finde the character sheet. Thx for integrate.