Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cyberpunk Red Jump starter.

Is any one working on a cyberpunk red jumpstarter sheets or are there any sheets that would be easy use for it?
David
Sheet Author
There is one on the way.
Is there an approximate ETA? I was just about to create a new game for the Cyberpunk Red for my crew and noticed 2020's template which prompted my search (similar, but not exactly the same). Can I also switch my game over to using this new sheet if I start a game prior to its release?

Edited 1565648624
David
Sheet Author
Colin W. said: Is there an approximate ETA? I was just about to create a new game for the Cyberpunk Red for my crew and noticed 2020's template which prompted my search (similar, but not exactly the same). Can I also switch my game over to using this new sheet if I start a game prior to its release? The Red sheet is very basic So I would say not.
Chad
Plus
Sheet Author
I have a working sheet I threw together for a game I'm going to run. We're starting in a week, so sheet is very much in development at the moment, expect daily changes for a while:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Gerdofal/roll20-cyberpunkredjumpstart" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Gerdofal/roll20-cyberpunkredjumpstart</a>
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
The current CPR Jumpstart Kit sheet (<a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Cyberpunk%20Red" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Cyberpunk%20Red</a>) worked pretty well for my game. It includes: Buttons for common rolls. Initiative, skill checks, weapon damage, death saves. Auto-calculated hit point maximum. Sheet versioning. Subsequent versions of this character sheet will upgrade your character to use the latest sheet. Once the full game is out, I'll add a sheet for it and your characters will get migrated automatically. Luck Pool. Tracks remaining LUCK points. Roll templates. Skill rolls, initiative, weapon damage, and death saves have roll templates that stylistically match the character sheet. Crits and fumbles. The roll buttons on the sheet automatically roll crits and fumbles. Skills without stats. The stat for a skill can be left blank for class stats, e.g. the Netrunning skill.
Rúnar said: The current CPR Jumpstart Kit sheet ( <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Cyberpunk%20Red" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Cyberpunk%20Red</a> ) worked pretty well for my game. It includes: Buttons for common rolls. Initiative, skill checks, weapon damage, death saves. Auto-calculated hit point maximum. Sheet versioning. Subsequent versions of this character sheet will upgrade your character to use the latest sheet. Once the full game is out, I'll add a sheet for it and your characters will get migrated automatically. Luck Pool. Tracks remaining LUCK points. Roll templates. Skill rolls, initiative, weapon damage, and death saves have roll templates that stylistically match the character sheet. Crits and fumbles. The roll buttons on the sheet automatically roll crits and fumbles. Skills without stats. The stat for a skill can be left blank for class stats, e.g. the Netrunning skill. Hey why does everything roll a 1d8+1?? There is no roll for Attack rolls only damage. How did you use this sheet all the numbers are scuffed.
I am noticing the same problem. The core Die to the game is a d10 and I find that initiative and Death Saves occasionally roll 1-1d10+(Cumulative Successful Death Saves)When the formula for a death save should maybe read 1d10+(Death Save Successful)&lt;(BODY). Initiative Also tends to have a Few Bugs e.g. (Rolling 1d8+1's) Which in the Jumpstart Rules has it as a (Ref)+1d10.

Edited 1567134845
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
I can see why the 1d8+1 rolls look confusing, but it's actually working as intended. Roll20 dice expressions don't really have a way of supporting CPR-style crits and fumbles, so here's what the sheet is doing every time it has to roll a d10: 1. It rolls 1d10 to check if the roll is a crit (10) or fumble (1). 2. If it's a crit, it rolls 10+1d10. 3. If it's a fumble, it rolls 1-1d10. 4. If neither a crit nor fumble, it has to generate a number between 2 and 9, so 1d8+1. This is the only way I could find to make crits and fumbles automatic. If anyone knows how to make a Roll20 dice expression that can make crits and fumbles happen more simply, I'd love to hear about it. To attack, you just roll either the Marksmanship or Melee Weapon skill, as appropriate. If you hit, you roll damage. I'll make this more seamless in a future version of the sheet.
I don't know the first thing about dice rolls, so thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to giving it a test drive.
Is the character sheet using crits for initiative rolls and death saves currently? I think it is and it shouldn't be but I may be mistaken.
Additionally, should the initiative be auto adding to the turn tracker or am I doing something wrong in roll 20 itself? Just FYI, the sheet is bloody great, I hope i dont come across as simply moaning. Thanks for all your hard work.

Edited 1567890345
Rúnar said: 4. If neither a crit nor fumble, it has to generate a number between 2 and 9, so 1d8+1. Doing it this way is basically giving the Players a reroll. Why are you not keeping the initial d10 result? Why force a reroll? I would much rather have the sheet just roll the 1d10 normally with formatting and then handle the crits manually. Otherwise right now the sheet is over-complicated and essentially fancy window dressing.
ELH said: Doing it this way is basically giving the Players a reroll. Why are you not keeping the initial d10 result? Why force a reroll? I would much rather have the sheet just roll the 1d10 normally with formatting and then handle the crits manually. Otherwise right now the sheet is over-complicated and essentially fancy window dressing. I thought that two that's why I'm waiting for&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7712855/new-sheet-for-cyberpunk-red-jumpstart-kit-in-testing" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7712855/new-sheet-for-cyberpunk-red-jumpstart-kit-in-testing</a> &nbsp;This guys sheet, It looks more fleshed out more effort has been put into it and many more capability.&nbsp;
ELH said: Rúnar said: 4. If neither a crit nor fumble, it has to generate a number between 2 and 9, so 1d8+1. Doing it this way is basically giving the Players a reroll. Why are you not keeping the initial d10 result? Why force a reroll? I would much rather have the sheet just roll the 1d10 normally with formatting and then handle the crits manually. Otherwise right now the sheet is over-complicated and essentially fancy window dressing. It may look like it but its not really. Its one roll in the end. And it*s the only way to do it right now. Works just fine and doesn't change probabilities at all as far as I can tell.
Nosk1E said: I thought that two that's why I'm waiting for&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7712855/new-sheet-for-cyberpunk-red-jumpstart-kit-in-testing" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7712855/new-sheet-for-cyberpunk-red-jumpstart-kit-in-testing</a> &nbsp;This guys sheet, It looks more fleshed out more effort has been put into it and many more capability.&nbsp; That one looks just ugly and far too complicated to me but YMMV. I prefer simple and the style of this one.
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
discuit said: Is the character sheet using crits for initiative rolls and death saves currently? I think it is and it shouldn't be but I may be mistaken. It is and it should not. You are correct. I'll change that in the next update. In the meantime, just treat crits as 10 and fumbles as 1 for those rolls.
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
discuit said: Additionally, should the initiative be auto adding to the turn tracker or am I doing something wrong in roll 20 itself? To use the tracker, you have to select a token on the virtual tabletop before clicking the initiative roll button. Roll20 will add the selected token to the initiative tracker.
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
ELH said: Doing it this way is basically giving the Players a reroll. It's really not. We have a random variable in the range 1 to 10 inclusive. We determine that it's neither 1 nor 10, so we now have a random variable between 2 and 9. But we don't know the value of this variable. So we generate a random value between 2 and 9. Think about it this way. Let's say I roll 1d10 and tell you that it's neither 1 nor 10. Now I give you a choice. You can either: Ask me to tell you what the value of the d10 is. Ask me to roll 1d8+1 and tell you the result. I think you can see that it doesn't matter which you choose. The end result is the same. And no matter which option you choose, you cannot tell which one I actually did. Why are you not keeping the initial d10 result? Why force a reroll? Because Roll20's dice expressions don't have a way of supporting crits and fumbles in the way that Cyberpunk Red's rules require. Hopefully they will add support for that soon, but at the moment it's actually impossible. So the options are: Use a script and require everyone who uses this sheet to install that script into their game. Implement with two rolls in the roll template. One to check for crits and fumbles and another for the actual roll. (This is what I've done.) I would much rather have the sheet just roll the 1d10 normally with formatting and then handle the crits manually. That's fine, you can still do that.

Edited 1568005510
Rúnar said: But we don't know the value of this variable.&nbsp; Except you do because you had to check to see if it was a 1 or a 10.&nbsp; I think you can see that it doesn't matter which you choose. The end result is the same. And no matter which option you choose,&nbsp; you cannot tell which one I actually did. Except that every single streamed game of it so far has run into the same problem where the players (and GMs) are actively choosing NOT &nbsp;to use the sheet because of this (IMO) stupid over-complication. They see that a d8 was rolled and automatically assume the sheet is incorrect.&nbsp; This is basic User-Experience stuff. It doesn't matter if you're using fancy math or fancy CSS or fancy whatever. If the average end user can't look at the result and confirm that a d10 was rolled with the proper modifier, then they're not going to use what they assume is wrong. The way I see it, you have two options here: 1. Leave it as is, and what'll happen is someone will make a different sheet that doesn't try and over-complicate rolling and everyone will switch to that. Because otherwise you're going to have to link this thread to every GM trying to use the sheet. 2. Get rid of the crit crap, and people will continue using your sheet until/unless an official one comes out
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
OK, well, that kind of comment is super unhelpful and unwelcome.

Edited 1568110653
Rúnar said: OK, well, that kind of comment is super unhelpful and unwelcome. You can call it "unhelpful" and "unwelcome" all you like, but those are the facts. I literally used to work in user experience and gave this same kind of feedback to the devs. One team took the UE team's comments (mine included) and produced a product that the users liked from day one. Other teams ignored our advice and upon their product releases they were bombarded by tickets about how their product did not make sense to the end user and to fix it "or else." The "or else" here isn't monetary like that was, but should be sufficient motivation all the same. I will say it again to be clear: The sheet in its current state will not and is not being used by GMs promoting Cyberpunk RED. In the four streams of it I've seen so far (mine included), the players unanimously reverted to rolling dice manually because they considered the fact that a d8 was being rolled to be incorrect. That looks bad for the sheet, full stop. You can throw around math all you like, but the average player is not going to come to the forums to learn why a d8 is being rolled over a d10. The average player is going to discard what they believe to be a defective product and will migrate to one they consider non-defective at the first opportunity.&nbsp; I realize you're literally doing this for free. Yet I've seen this same thing happen in the past at work and here on Roll20 (see: The Star Trek Adventures sheets). I'm just trying to make sure you don't repeat the same mistakes.

Edited 1568121870
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I will say it again to be clear: The sheet in its current state will not and is not being used by GMs promoting Cyberpunk RED. In the four streams of it I've seen so far (mine included), the players unanimously reverted to rolling dice manually because they considered the fact that a d8 was being rolled to be incorrect. That looks bad for the sheet, full stop. You can throw around math all you like, but the average player is not going to come to the forums to learn why a d8 is being rolled over a d10. The average player is going to discard what they believe to be a defective product and will migrate to one they consider non-defective at the first opportunity. Well, now the sheet author have submitted a change(that will likely go live within 24h) that adds the explanation of how the rolls works in the sheet's description, so the info will be more accessible. On the other hand this is only visible in the Sheet Selection Menu, so perhaps not the most accessible to players, and GMs already using it might not think about going to see if the sheet description have changed. Perhaps the sheet could have this information in a collapsible Info-button at the bottom, and/or exist as a wiki page for the character sheet.
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
That’s a good idea, Andreas.

Edited 1568127797
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
I literally used to work in user experience and gave this same kind of feedback to the devs. Here’s a little feedback on the UX of your communication style. I read the first sentence of your block of text and I just get tired and don’t read the rest. I think “This is an angry child venting at me, I don’t feel like reading this.” Then I skim and see bold text and the word “stupid” and that just confirms my feeling.

Edited 1568172290
Rúnar said: &nbsp;I read the first sentence of your block of text and I just get tired and don’t read the rest.&nbsp; I'm not being paid to put things in "business-friendly" terms. If you can't accept feedback that's not wrapped-up with a little bow then I don't know how to help you. It's the internet. If you want to throw a hissy fit because someone called something you did "stupid" then this is not where you should be applying your development skills.&nbsp; If anything, this just shows that someone else needs to fork the sheet and make a different version. Preferably someone that is capable of taking criticism. Adding a line in the sheet description and/or on the wiki is not going to change any of the problems I have brought up. All you're doing is doubling-down on a poor decision and dooming new players/GMs to having a bad experience with Cyberpunk RED if they use your sheet. EDIT: &nbsp;It seems someone is already working on an alternative .
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
I've added collapsible help text to the sheet which explains how the roll template works. Hopefully that serves as a stopgap until Roll20 adds support for CPR-style crits and fumbles in dice expressions. Track the pull request here: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5465" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5465</a>
Rúnar
Pro
Sheet Author
I've submitted a feature request to add support for CPR-style crits and fumbles in Roll20 dice expressions. Please upvote to boost the signal: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7760717/add-support-for-cyberpunk-red-crits-and-fumbles-in-dice-expressions/?pageforid=7760717#post-7760717" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7760717/add-support-for-cyberpunk-red-crits-and-fumbles-in-dice-expressions/?pageforid=7760717#post-7760717</a>
Great Idea, I will share it around.