Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Becoming a creator

Hi all, I’ve applied to become a creator by sending an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . I’ve sent examples of my work and my intent on what I would like to offer. I’ve heard nothing back for quite some time. Is there some indication of response time for this kind of thing? Should I assume that no reply means ‘no thank you’? I’ve been working quite heavily on creating stuff, and I’m just wondering whether or not it’s worth waiting or to look for alternatives. &nbsp; Regards.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The wiki doesn't really give the best information for content creators required specifications for actually getting things onto the marketplace, luckily there was a thread on this very subject recently. Apparently if some very strict requirements aren't met the team will ignore the submission... Here is the main bit of that thread that may apply here and indicate why you've heard nothing back: Kris M. &nbsp;said: Hello - so I finally have time to look at R20's reply but to say it's confusing is an understatement. "We do recognize that this is a large amount of work to put forth without a guarantee of success and we ask that you consider your place with us carefully before you proceed. If you are still interested in joining the Marketplace, please provide the following information AFTER the completion of your first set. The title and a brief description of your first pack (140 characters or less). The price for your first pack (minimum of $4.99, in increasing increments of fifty cents. $5.49, $5.99, etc). The email address associated with your&nbsp; Roll20 &nbsp;account. The name on this&nbsp; Roll20 &nbsp;account must be your legal name used for accounting purposes. Your active PayPal email address which we will pay out to. If you are a US or International resident. Your first and last name, to be used on the Merchant Agreement contract and tax forms between us. Your seller name (how your name / company will appear in the&nbsp; Roll20 &nbsp;Marketplace). Once we receive this information, you will be sent a&nbsp; Roll20 &nbsp;Merchant Agreement and a W-9 (US) or W-8BEN (International) via RightSignature, a safe application that allows you to sign legal documents online. Please DO NOT attach your first set to this email, you will have access to a backend upload element once you have signed your Merchant Agreement." - So, While I am extremely good at following instructions and have only been a digital artist a few years, and have taught myself a large range of different systems including D&amp;D5e, FG and GIMP - here is my takeaway -&nbsp; (a) don't provide a map set first, (b) only supply the information requested after my first set has been supplied (c) sign my merchant agreement which will be sent after the requested information has been received. ???&nbsp;&nbsp; So how/when do I send the map set? -&nbsp; what exactly am I sending to Roll20 initially if it is not the map set in order to get my Merchant Agreement - and if I can only send the information requested After the submission of my first set??? I have 900 modular battle maps and thousands of tokens waiting to get onto the R20 marketplace, but maybe its my aspergers but I cannot understand these instructions. Can someone who has made a map set submission maybe clarify this for me please? This indicates that you can go through the application to be a creator process without needing to send them your content, but it is best to have the set ready to go as, once setup as a creator, you'll have access to the backend upload area to submit it for release... I hope that helps!
Thanks for this, it helps a lot, although my issue is that I haven't had the first reply as of yet. I'm pretty sure I have all of that information ready to go, along with most of the first pack.&nbsp;
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A couple of posts later they state this: " If your response does not include any of the above requirements or contains mistakes, like your pack is not properly priced or your email address does not match your&nbsp; Roll20 &nbsp;account, then your submission will be ignored. In order to be as efficient as possible, we will only focus on creators that are able to follow instructions." I'd recommend resending your original email but following the guidelines set out above to the letter, it is likely they've just completely ignored your other one (again, purely speculation, I don't/can't speak on behalf of the Roll20 team nor their processes).
Hi Lez J! I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet. Would you mind resending your email? I want to make sure that we've gotten your application. Our XP team is currently making their way through an overflow of emails as quickly as they're able while still giving each their full attention so it may be a little bit. Thank you so much for reaching out and for your patience!
Bunny said: Hi Lez J! I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet. Would you mind resending your email? I want to make sure that we've gotten your application. Our XP team is currently making their way through an overflow of emails as quickly as they're able while still giving each their full attention so it may be a little bit. Thank you so much for reaching out and for your patience! Email has been resent. I am using gmail, might that be an issue?