Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there any way to link multiple tokens to one character sheet, with different values?

I'm currently building a character sheet for a wargame where you will be running at most 10 characters at once (your whole warband). So I'm wondering if there is any way to link multiple tokens to different aspects of one character sheet? I have different sections set up for each member of the warband where you can choose what type they are and adjust their stats if needed, however, I was hoping for some way where you could use the drag and drop feature to drag the different characters out with their stats already linked to the character token bars. Is there any way to do this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Each character sheet can only have one default token, so this is probably not workable as a drag from the journal.  I don't know if there is any way to build this into a sheet, but an experienced sheet builder might have more tricks to draw from. Maybe linking to a field who results are calculate by clicking options on the sheet? For instance, I know you can calculate AC on a D&D sheet by toggling various options, so it sounds possible in theory. A way to do this in play (not as a sheet feature) would be to have an "arsenal" or "garrison" area with preset tokens available. If necessary to hide one force from another, you could use dynamic lighting blocking. Players could then copy and paste tokens from the garrison, rather than drag them from the journal sidebar. This mightget cumbersom if you have more than a few types of units.