Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Volo's Guide to Monsters - Can an owner answer a question?

What content is included in this resource? The description of the bundle leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Edited 1566033369
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Everything from the book essentially... you get the compendium unlocks for lore, rules and monsters, charactermancer unlocks for PC building etc. You also get the lairs as fully featured maps via the add-on so that you can add them to any game with ease. Is there anything specific you fear might be missing and I'll confirm/deny as appropriate?
12 new PC races... Aasimar, Bugbear, Firbolg, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kenku, Kobold, Lizardfolk, Orc, Tabaxi, Triton, Yuan-ti Pureblood I don't own the 5e sourcebooks... and if I'm going to purchase them digitally, I can't justify the expense of buying them twice... so because of the descriptions lacking in the Roll20 marketplace, I find myself having only other online services to compare to. I likewise feel that I shouldn't need to perform an audit of the content labeled as "Volo's Guide to Monsters" against a physical copy of the book, and implementations of that content in other services. That's like if I were to buy the sourcebooks from Amazon vs. Barnes & Noble... and get entirely different contents bound within identical covers. My fear is, that what we call "The Players Handbook" or "Volo's Guide" online amount's to "mystery box x" that could contain any variation of content from any of the different platforms online. I don't want to mention any competitors here by name, it may be a violation of ToS, but the listing shown above is the content they outline for Volo's Guide... whereas the Roll20 marketplace just says... " Character Races  presents character races that are some of the more distinctive race options in the D&D multiverse, including the goblin, the orc, and the firbolg. " So, I really have no idea what it is I am buying.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you buy a sourcebook on Roll20, you get the entire book. If something were left out (I don't think there is a case of this), the description would say so. The description also states: You can access all of the monsters and information from&nbsp; Volo's Guide to Monsters &nbsp;in the&nbsp; in-app compendium , as well as on the&nbsp; Roll20 web compendium [emphasis mine] Perhaps it could say it a little more clearly, but rest assured, if it is in Volo's Guide, it is in the Roll20 product. The complete text. They even have things like the "about the cover" blurbs that are in every book. You can buy it without fear missing any info. And if you do buy it, and find this not to be true, you can email <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and request a refund.
Thank you Pat S. for allowing me to see the content of the compendium. That answered my questions and concerns. I feel much more comfortable purchasing Volo's now.

Edited 1566108458
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
No problem. Glad I could help out. Could you see everything you wanted as a player or do you need to be a GM also?
I saw everything I needed, thank you!