Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat log pagination and Hide Whispers don't play well together

The new pagination of the chat log is nice in that it doesn't take forever to load, but it appears to be broken in at least one regard:  If you click to Hide Whispers, it takes you back to page 1. If you click to page 2, whispers are shown again. If while on page 2, you click Hide Whispers again, it takes you back to page 1. There doesn't appear to be any way to view any page but 1 without whispers visible.
It's broken in many ways. Trying searching for a term for instance. The search only applies to the page you are currently on. I have 168 pages. Secondly, the amount of data on pages seems random. Some pages have dozens of paragraphs worth of data. Others have merely a few sentences. I'm concerned about the implementation of various rollouts like pagination. It doesn't seem like it was very well thought-out.
+1 to this. I used to save PDF versions of chatlogs, one with whispers and one without, and then clear the chatlog after every session. Having to save "multiple PDFs" of each page in a chatlog is doable, but now it's impossible to make two versions (with whispers and without) with the pagination change.

Edited 1566601012
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, there! The Chat Archive changes are still being worked on and improved. Right now, Pro users can test the latest changes out on the Dev server, including changes and fixes for the show/hide whisper functionality.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hey, just a quick heads up! We pushed a fix yesterday morning that fixes this issue, and changes the chat archives overall. Details are in the release notes .
Helpful! Thank you to the team for the fairly rapid response on this, and thank you Stephanie for keeping us in the loop.