Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Savage Worlds - Dealing Bennies to players

Edited 1567584802
Hello, For us Savaged guys out there, I posted a script to quicken dealing bennies to players. You can : deal a benny to a given player !bennies-deal -d Bennies -p Gronyon deal multiple bennies to a given player !bennies-deal -d Bennies -p Gronyon -q 2 reset the number of bennies a given player has !bennies-reset -d Bennies -p Gronyon -q 3 It supports : a single Deck with a single Benny card (set as unlimited) different type of bennies either in different decks, or as different cards in the same deck !bennies-deal -d Bennies -c White -p Gronyon -q 2 !bennies-deal -d Bennies -c Red -p Gronyon -q 1 !bennies-deal -d Bennies -c Blue -p Gronyon -q 0 picking randomly bennies out of a benny pouch !bennies-deal -d Bennies -p Gronyon -q 3 You can find code here on GitHub . It requires the use of Api Command Script "apicmd.js"  (by  GoblinHordes ). Enjoy ! Comments are welcome, especially those towards my script (or my skills) improvement.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might want to look and see if you can use any parts of my Dealer script . It's a little broader in scope, but not as tuned to the Bennie system.
Hello, thank you for pointing out your script. There is something I don't understand : drawCard,&nbsp;shuffleDeck,&nbsp;takeCardFromPlayer,&nbsp;giveCardToPlayer I don't see functions in your code for those, so I'm starting to realize those are part of Roll20 library ? If only I had known :(&nbsp; The API Doc&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects#Deck" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Objects#Deck</a> &nbsp;looked like such didn't exist : " Note at this time you can't use the API to "draw", "deal", or "shuffle" cards from the Deck. We're working on helper functions to enable this functionality." Is there a place we can suscribe to the API updates ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Oh no! It was posted in the forums in an API update. But as far as I know, no one ever put them into the wiki. I used this post . Good grief, that would have made your job easier.
Thank you very much. I'll see to update my script to make use of those. I also quickly updated the API Doc page to mention the API Update forum post.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks. I didn't feel qualified (yet) to edit those pages.
Hi there ! I have updated the script to use Roll20 APIs to draw cards and deal them to players. Also I have updated the documentation to help you set up your bennies in any Savage Worlds game. Check Savage Worlds Bennies Scripts on GitHub . The script is similar to Keithcurtis's generic Dealer script, except it focuses on Savage Worlds Bennies, and e.g. have a function to reset bennies to a given stock at the start of your session. Feedback and request for improvement are all welcome.