Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [LFG] Looking to play or DM in heavy RP story driven game

Looking for group for late night weekday EST timezone. Heavy RP and story focused Any system but prefer the fantasy genre
I’ve been interested in a personal (as in, about people, not one-on-one), introspective sword and sorcery game (maybe using Burning Wheel or Zweihander). A story about people, their goals and motivations and relationships, possibly with effects in a broader tapestry but focused on the immediate goals and lives of the PCs. Themes might include tragedy, redemption, hope in a bleak world, revenge, transformation and adaptation, avarice, and the consequences of those things.  Maybe something like Conan the Barbarian if told by Hidetaka Miyazaki or Guy Gavriel Kay.  Any interest there? Also, just how late are we talking? 
I live in Thailand.  I am a Retired American Military Veteran, DM since 1977 of Traveller, and All versions of D&D since 1979 release of AD&D 1e. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is 14 hours behind of Indochina Time (ICT) GMT+7 So   7:00 PM  in PDT is  9 AM in ICT. Works real well for me, b ut  a 7:30 or 8 PM Start time PDT would be better. This would make it like 10:30 or 11 PM EST East Cosst USA Start. 2 hours to 2.5 hours per session. Preferred game system is 5e. Preferred Style is: Low Fantasy Swords and Sorcery. Limited Magic, Grim and Gritty Realism.  Short Rests are a day apart, long rests are a week apart. Not a lot of Standard Fantasy Races. I could deal with a unique Elf or a Dwarf, but no  Tieflings , or Drow. Classes preferred would be Fighters, Rogues, Monks, and Barbarians... Not as Many Paladins, or spell casters and Magic is rare and feared, mostly assumed to be from Demonic or Devilish pacts. Most of the enemies would be wily Humans, rivals, groups of raiders, bandits evil sorcerers, witches, warlocks, and whatnot. More or less Conan-Films type opponents, though the group does not have to be Barbarians. Hoping to run something starting mid-September.  Times zones outside of PDT are tough for me, as nobody wants to play in the Morning in Australia, Late Night US, or Crack of Dawn  England.. . and  Thailand has almost Zero Live D&D  players. I have 2 players already, no characters yet, we have not agreed on a night yet.  Sunday, Monday, Maybe Tuesdays.   Cannot do Friday or Saturday US Nights, at all.
I'm PDT, but I can easily work on EST. I would be very interested in playing in a story driven RP heavy campaign. I love creating backstory and would love to work with a DM who will incorporate it. I prefer high fantasy, and my favorite race is Aasiamr. 
I'm American, but PST / PDT. I've been thinking about playing a barbarian samurai character that has lost faith in the things which made him tick. Now, a shell of the person he once was, he roams the countryside trying to find himself again. I've had it in my mind that he would be an Ancestral Guardian Barbarian, and have his ancestors protect his allies. I definitely prefer 5E as it's a very simple system that anyone can jump into quickly. I've had a lot of experience with role playing, but I haven't done much in voice. I'd be down to be one of your players, but I am definitely newer to tabletop rpgs.
If this happens to fall on monday night EST i would be keen. I would like to play a woodelf monk with a unpleasant past who skirts the line of evil some times. I will do a voice and RP my character without meta influence. Familiar with Roll 20 and Discord.