Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Image rotation data lost on upload.

I spent a while cropping images so I could upload them to my game. Some of the original images were rotated in order to optimize page usage. After cropping these images, I rotated each of them by hand (some with photoshop, some with MS Photos). When I uploaded the images, the rotational information was dropped. Ideally, this information should be preserved upon upload. Is there any way to rotate the default state of images in "My Library", or will I have to do this by hand everytime I use one of these sideways images? Below is a screencap of the problem. Left, the images as they appear in my file explorer; Right, the images as they appear in roll20. 

Edited 1566347406
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In some apps, rotation is a change in metadata or simply recorded in a library database. The file is not actually changed, just how it is viewed within that system. If you only work with your photos and images in that context, that's great: you lose no quality by rotating a jpeg. But the file is not changed. This is not a Roll20 bug, but likely a consequence of your photo editor.