Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Shaped] Animal companion character sheet

Hello everyone, I recently started my first campaign using the Shaped Sheet for 5e, and I love it so far. I have a small problem to manage my ranger's animal companion. What I did so far is as follow : I c reated a new character sheet for the animal (black bear) and manually imported the stats and perks from the compendium, the bear is then a level 3 custom class character. I figured it would be the best way to go, as the companion is bound to evolve as the ranger levels up. I came to a problem when I tried to add attacks (bite and claws) into the "offense" category of the character sheet. As soon as I click on "attack", the popup closes immediately and I can't fill anything. I tried going around this by adding the attacks as a class feature, but in this case, I can add the damage, but not the d20 roll necessary for the attack. Meaning that if I click on the feature, it automatically rolls for damage, and not to hit at all. I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong here, could anyone please give me any pointers on how to handle companion on Shaped? Thanks in advance

Edited 1566404594
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
First, I would suggest using the NPC sheet format. I doubt the bear will be so complex as to require all the features of a full character sheet. YMMV. Second, the quickly-closing phenomenon you describe can occur if the name field is not filled out first, and allowed to resolve. Try typing in the name of the feature first and tabbing out of the field. It should then "stick".
Thanks, the NPC character sheet mode works like a charm ! Never saw the tick at the bottom of the sheet before.