Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][DnD 5e][GMT+2] Looking for players for a "new" campaign

Hello there! I'm Danillya a game deprived DM from Germany. I've DMed for a few years several different systems, like Pathfinder 1e or Shadowrun. Last year in summer I started to collect some people to DM my very first DnD 5e game. Having watched all of Critical Role up to that point (still watching and loving it) I gave my best to give my players the best time possible. We played for months at the beginning almost 3 times a week, trickling it down to a more healthy dose of DnD of weekly/bi-weekly. Until March, when IRL hit a little too hard and we had to stop for an undetermined time. Today, it seems that there is no solution in the close future to keep playing, so I gathered up what was left. I don't want my campaign world to die so easily, so here I am, looking for some awesome people to play DnD with me. There are 3 connected worlds in which the campaign will mostly take place: Faedaros  a world aproaching ruin thanks to certain individuals who you might or might not come across. The  Feywilde  which thanks to Faedaros slow downfall and overreacting leaders, was changed into an even wilder place sprawling with even more bizarre and wonderous creatures and people. Ariakh  a world technologically and culturally still at the start of the Middle Age. People are rather rough around the edges and life is still simple and easy. At least until recently, when an enormous vulcano erupted covering the whole planet in ash. But as that wasn't enough, magic and portals into other worlds appeared everywhere, making the struggle for survival even more difficult. My DMing Style: I love eldritch horror elements in my games. In the aforementioned campaign, one character was a bodyguard for a girl of noble birth. This girl was spectacularly curious and during a cleanup mission in the private library of a mighty wizard this girl stumbled upon a tome of great power. Within was a demon of Pandemonium sealed, using his life energy to fuel multiple protective mechanisms. As a joke I rolled a will save for her and, of course, I rolled a Nat20.... 4 times in a row for her.... She made a pact with this demon in exchange for power. Thanks to the party leaving her mostly alone, they didn't realise the little changes that happened to her and their surroundings. As soon as they left the city strange occurences kept happening. On the first day, all vermin fled the city in large numbers. On the second day, several magicians studying magic of darker origins went mad and disclosed themselves from others. On the third day, there was silence. No one left their houses. No baby was crying. Until it happened. From the city you're able to see the mountain range to the east. This evening it exploded and an enormous devil-like creature sprung out of the mountain, enveloping the surrounding area with lava and heat that burned everything away. But as abrupt as it appeared it disappeared into nothingness. Just for a few moments afterwards people could witness the clouds splitting to reveal a large yellow eye opening in the sky. Some even say, they saw tentacles of black slithering along the mountains, stopping the fires. So, in a nutshell: I like world changing events quite a bit. But don't misunderstand, please! Just because the world might approach Judgement Day, doesn't mean there isn't some fun to have in between survival and monster hunting :3 I want YOU to play with me! I'm looking for players preferably from Europe (for obvious timezone reasons), but in all honesty I just wanna DM again and I want it now :3 So if you are new to DnD 5e or a veteran, you are welcome if you meet the following requirements: - RP first, rules second.  I know, rules are important but they have their faults, too. A RP moment where the Barbarian talks his way out of trouble in front of the king, is way more memorable than a simple roll. - Be nice.  It's weird to even write this, but just be nice to everyone. We try to have fun together. Had some bad experiences with people being dicks during and after the game. - Talk with me/the group.  One of the most important things to me, at least. You have some questions? Just ask. You (don't) like something about story/gameplay/etc? Talk to me. You (don't) like the direction the group is taking? Tell us. I want everyone to have fun together. That might sound crazy but I love criticism. If you have ANY suggestions, I love to hear about them! When do that it shows me that you care. <3 - Have Fun! We'll be playing on Discord plus Roll20
Hi, I am Teilchen, also from Germany. Mei englisch ist eggselent though xD Kidding aside, more about me: I play RPGs on and off for several years, and have tried quite a few systems. Never played much D&D though, and I would like to give it a shot. And what you write sounds great, I like people who care! I am mostly available on Fridays and Saturdays. I'd like to chat up on Discord to see if we fit

Edited 1566418503
Hey there, I'm Till. From Germany as well. I have ever played a tabletop RPG, but have followed them for some time. Could ever find a group though. I would love to join. Best times would be Friday evening/night and Saturdays or Sundays in the afternoon/evening. Edit: Actually, weekdays i the evening would be alright too. Let me know, if you're cool with this :)
Hi there I am JD. I have been playing dnd for 4 months but I have watched shows like critical role for years.  I would love to play.  I am avilble Wensday and Thursdays from 6-11pm. On saturdays I am aviable from 3-12pm.  I am from Ireland and my timezone is GMT+1 Send my a pm and I will give you my discord. THX for your consideration.
Would you take someone who has never played DnD before?
At what time would the game be?
I'd also like to join as well! Currently im in the middle east and my time zone is Arabia standard time which isnt to far off from yours. But im available from 1230 pm Arabia standard time and then on during the week and any time on the weekend.
Hi Danillya, Im in the UK and am British. I played a lot of D&D in the past and did a lot of other RP in my younger days....I'm 49 now, but don't need a stick to walk or anything :-). I got back into RP about two years ago after a really long break for RL and play in two 5e Campaigns as well as a Cthulu, a Vampire one and and End of the World: Zombie Appocalypse one. All on Roll20 and via Discord, and all RP heavy. we actually do between sessions text rp on Discord, which is very enjoyable and if you chose to carry that on, that would be something Id be happy to take part in as well. The more "grown up" and political the adventure, the more I like it, but clearly I still like to slay monsters and steal their treasure too. Who doesn't?  So my time frame is GMT, I can't play Mondays or alternate Thursdays and alternate Fridays but I'm around the rest of the time. Please feel free to get in touch, it'd be great to talk things through. The worlds sound really interesting and I'd love to be involved. 
I'd be interested Another german, so timezone works Benn playing pen&paper for some time, mostly DSA, but some dnd and other systems as well For days, I'd prefer Friday or Saturday Your DM style sounds right up my alley, so I hope I can get in
Hello there. I might be a bit late but I'd like to join in if possible, I'm from the US GMT-5 and love DnD. I never go many chances to play but I enjoy it.. I'm free to play any day. Send me a message if you'll consider me as a player.
Hi Danillya, my name is Austin, and I live in North America, Michigan to be a little more specific. I work 12 hour swing weeks. So this week I work Wednesday Thursday and Friday, I then have Saturday and Sunday off, then I work Monday and Tuesday, and then have Wednesday Thursday Friday off. Its stupid and I love it but it makes weekly games difficult to schedule. But if you play games in the afternoon, on my day off I can absolutely make it to a game. I have DM'd 5e a number of times both in person and in Roll20. Shortcuts and macros are amazing when you learn them. I would love to sit down and have a chat with you about game times and joining your campaign.
If still available I'm very interested in taking part in these world changing events!
Hello Danillya,  and well met! I am Treb Garrick, a Gnome Bard. I play a custom set of bagpipes. That may, or may not be made out of a rather large Badger, I think that is why some people around these parts call me Silver Lick, don't listen to anyone that tells you that its because my once dark curls are beginning to fade. I am looking for adventure, to help me compose a great sonnet. Or maybe make a coin or two along the way. A gentleman, known to his friends as Eddie, would like to me to tell you he has played a lot of 3.5E in the past but after watching The Chain [MCDM], online he has jumped right into 5E. even managing to DM a one-shot to try and introduce some friends to DnD. Your story sounds rich in detail and I think would be very interesting to play. I can be flexible with time. I'm based in the UK, Scottish in case you couldn't tell. Please consider me, if there is any space left.

Edited 1566515603
Hello, I am Joshua I am 17 and from Ireland(GMT+1). I have nearly two years experience with D&D and roll20 and as of tomorrow will be needing a new game for Fridays(sadly the only day I have free) I love rp and while I do prefer charisma rolls to be involved in persuasion or deception, I do enjoy the element of what is being said affecting these rolls rather than just straight rolls. I hope to join your world and am open to play any character that I find fits with the world. If there is anything more I should say or clarify, please pm me as I really have a good feeling about this game of yours. *Also a different JD to the one above Lol
Hello Danilla, My friend and I are looking for a long campaign to join. We can play whatever the group needs: Cleric, bard, fighter, etc. Our timezone is GMT -7. If there are any seats left please consider us two. Thank you! KC 
Hey there! My name is Lore, and I am in Sweden. I have been looking for a long term campaign to join, but have had little to no luck - either due to timezones, or because I have a child (though providing the time frame fits, my husband can easily watch him). I get that having a baby at the table isn't always the best option, but I still have a love for DND. :) I have been DMing for another group, but can't seem to get on the player side of the fence. :( My timezone is GMT+1, and if there are any seats left, I'd really love to play a bard (if at all possible, my last two tables fell through before we even hit level 5), though I am flexible to other options. <3 I'm also relatively new, but have been invested in Critical Role and 5e for about a year now. :) So I think it's safe to say I have at least a basic understanding. For days I prefer Friday evenings or Sundays - 
Hello Danilla, I am also game starved and looking for a campaign to play in Friday nights. I have been playing since the 80's which kind of says... I am old as hell (60). I am somewhat newer to 5e but I like the system. I also speak German although it is not my mother language and live in Germany as well. I thank you in advance for your consideration. William
Hello there, I've recently started a new job that has stifled any and all games that I've had going with my American friends, so I am without a D&D game to enjoy every week. A friend of mine (Lore) mentioned this game that she was potentially going to be a part of and I asked if I could maybe poke my way in if possible. I've been involved in Tabletop RPGs for probably close to two decade now, ranging from Warhammer Fantasy, Stars Without Number, Star Wars as well as 4e and 5e D&D. I have had a range of characters over the years and each one is generally unique, I like to make varied characters each time so you can expect a down to earth piece of your tentacley puzzle with a realistic oriented and logical player behind them. I love the eldritch horror style you hopefully plan to utilise in your game and would love to involve myself deeper into it. I've thought of a number of character concepts reading through your original post and I've already had ideas for what I could play. I would be surprised if someone hasn't already gone for the warlock line of character, since it ties in so heavily with the theme, but if so I'm happy to discuss with both yourself and the party to see what kind of character would fit and balance out the composition of the group.